Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
(04-08-2017 12:35 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 12:12 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Interesting that some school administrators reject the idea of minor sports regionalizing while leaving football and basketball alone. That alone would help the finances.

If it comes to reorganizing I would favor having the schools that need a tight geographic league to survive financially to go ahead and organize it, thus leaving the conference name and autobids to those that stay. I really don't think that Marshall, UAB, USM, LT, Rice or UTEP are in that situation. Those 5 along with at least 1 of the Florida schools and UNT, UTSA should stay and maybe eventually build to 10 from there.

Did you just pick some schools out of a hat? It's obvious you didn't put any real thought into it. If you did you would know that S. Miss and Tech are the two CUSA schools that are most budget challenged. Both do a great job, with their limited funds but I believe they have the 2 lowest budgets in CUSA. While Marshall has good fan support that are in the same boat as everyone else. And to top it off you added a school that just got a last second reprieve of their football program because of fiance.

Yeah, like I said...you put a ton of thought into that one.

I assume Snarky is your middle name, right?

The 5 schools in the conference the longest all have enough athletic revenue prior to adding in subsidies such as student fees, etc. to afford the travel necessary in C-USA. La Tech and USM included, even though their budgets are a bit smaller, their actual revenue is a higher proportion of it. I never hear complaints from those schools about travel or the other Texas or Florida schools. That's why I included them. So if there are schools that feel they need a much tighter conference, they should start one and best of luck to them.

All the schools that have joined this conference knew when they joined that it was spread out. If losing 1 million from the tv income means they can't afford it anymore, which I don't understand because that is only 1/30th of most budgets, then I guess they will need to form that tighter conference they want.
04-08-2017 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable - MinerInWisconsin - 04-08-2017 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.