Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
MVC to hold emergency meeting on Sunday in Saint Louis (Rothstein)
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
RE: MVC to hold emergency meeting on Sunday in Saint Louis (Rothstein)
(04-09-2017 06:49 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 06:20 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  The Horizon has similar conversations about going to 11 or 12 for 20 or 22 games. Getting more home games is increasingly critical for mid-majors to make the budget. I notice a number of of schools have only 11 or 12 home games.

The ACC took the lid off 18 by announcing 20. So I think the concept is getting floated. Reportedly more games at Baxter is a driver behind Omaha looking to change conferences, even with UND joining.

Because having more home games at Baxter next season, with no one in the seats will be a financial windfall for the school. UNO just lost their 3 top players from their best team ever, including their only real star who has chosen to transfer out, accepting that he will sit out next season instead of being on a really bad team who turned down the CIT due to money. They will be lucky to crack 300 RPI.

If what you say is accurate, UNO's athletic department may be as dumb as UMKC's

UNO should not be short on $. THeir Hockey program is a $ maker and when they moved up to the Summit from D2, they dropped Football (30 scholarships D2) and Wrestling( had to be at least 6-10 at D2, i am not sure). That's alot of schlarships subtracted when moving up to D1 hoops only takes 3 more scholarships that D2 (13 vs 10) of course there are more needed for the Olympic sports for both sexes but when you drop as many as 40 scholarships when you lose football and wrestling, the program should not be short of $ to participate in a post season tourney. Trev Alberts should have paid the expense out of his out pocket.
04-10-2017 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: MVC to hold emergency meeting on Sunday in Saint Louis (Rothstein) - Policiious - 04-10-2017 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.