The Next Realignment Effect on the Horizon League
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
RE: The Next Realignment Effect on the Horizon League
(04-08-2017 12:22 AM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:58 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 01:23 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  I'd do UNC in the Summit, sure. I think there are a lot of UNC fans who will remember the glory days in the NCC.

One issue would be: would that piss Denver off??

I'd also be fine however the football shakes out:
- keep the MVFC homogeneous, with 12 teams
- make defacto "Summit" and "MVC/Horizon" divisions
- split into two conferences, with a scheduling agreement

Denver tried to get in the Big Sky when UNC was already there. Don't think that matters. GCU and UVU do though.

The Dakotas aren't a block of 4 though. The South Dakotas are bound to a degree, as their State board wouldn't look kindly on them going different directions. But the North Dakotas are not bound together. NDSU will get very antsy if UND gets a B1G affiliate hockey spot, and aN MVC move would proclaim to the state that they are superior except in hockey.

Wouldn't surprise me if NDSU is quietly making a move on the MVC. The state legislature will soon adjourn for almost two years. Only after that would NDSU be open about it. Friendship and loyalty with SDSU be damned, all for themselves.

NDSU can be the only Dakota school in the MVC, as the MVC doesn't want two or three or four. Even NDSU fans are pushing it, as they want to be someone when they grow up.

No Dakota school are being invited or looked at. SDSU is not tied to USD. And I doubt anyone at NDSU care enough about hockey, a niche sport to care what conference you are in. NDSU are a FB school first, when they move somewhere it will be football related.
There is always a thread on the NDSU board that knocks hockey or UND, so that is demonstrably false. Its a big deal to them as so many of their neighbors follow it. After a game, the interstate down to FArgo is packed. . A B1G hockey bid for UND would send the Fargo media into a coma.

SD politicians value their Sioux Falls Summit Tourney immensely and any movement out of the Slummit by SD schools is treasonous. SD schools can't look elsewhere but NDSU can. NDSU can't move it's fb because no FBS conf wants them, so they have try to enlarge their mbb. Your discountING entirely a Nashville TV report.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 01:51 AM by NoDak.)
04-08-2017 01:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Next Realignment Effect on the Horizon League - NoDak - 04-08-2017 01:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.