Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best conference-Big 10 according to JofA
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
RE: Best conference-Big 10 according to JofA
(03-17-2017 06:00 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(03-17-2017 05:30 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(03-17-2017 05:15 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  This ignores class sizes. Large schools that skew towards grad degrees (i.e. MBA programs) have a huge edge when looking at raw numbers.

The more students a school has, the more grads in any capacity it can expect to have moving forward. That's especially true for masters level business courses that are 1-2 years vs ~4 years for bachelor programs. Also, masters-level business degrees are required to move up in some industries, like finance, which creates a second bias.

The B1G consists of huge schools w/ more of an emphasis on masters programs than the schools in most other conferences.

Calling it the biggest is probably a more accurate title.

Not so fast.

The problem with your counter-argument is that you assume all students enrolled in MBA programs have equal potential to reach the upper echelon of executive finance, the CFO position.

But actually, there are really a finite set of such people with that potential.

And it so happens that those upper crust students are choosing Big Ten MBA programs more than any other! The numbers prove it.

1. No. I'm assuming that a 1-2 year program is shorter than a 3-5 year program. Therefore a 100 person undergrad program that lasts 3-5 years will produce fewer grads than a 100 person grad program that lasts 1-2 years.

2. False. That would be the Ivy League.

Like I said. The B1G is big.

Ivy League MBA programs are just as big (if not bigger) than Big 10 MBA programs. By far the largest 2 MBA programs in the country are at Harvard and Penn.

[Image: 2018_classizes.jpg?itok=dZsvBT1X]

At the undergrad level, Big 10 schools are much bigger. But at the grad school level, but the only reason Big 10 grad schools are bigger is because they're more comprehensive (i.e. they have programs in almost every field). For individual fields, Ivy League schools typically have more graduate students.
03-17-2017 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best conference-Big 10 according to JofA - Captain Bearcat - 03-17-2017 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.