ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good luck finding ODU on TV now
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Good luck finding ODU on TV now
(05-11-2017 07:30 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 04:33 PM)FearTheLion Wrote:  Well while certainly not the pinnacle of a national ranking, I don't believe we were #210 on US News when we were in the CAA and I believe it has been well-documented that levels of giving are much higher than they were during the CAA days. These are just a couple of data points but what do I know?? I also believe that student scores and graduation rates in 4 years have moved up but I'm not real sure about those.

I agree that the national branding has not moved much but everyone says they want national branding and I'm not sure anyone beyond the AAU achieves that.

Personally I think ODU's profile has much less to do with CUSA and much more to do with ODU accepting the path of access for all Virginians at the lowest tuition rates possible. Now we find ourselves trying to sell an improved university without being able to raise the cost beyond the third lowest in the State.

I can't think of many business case studies where the lowest-priced widget was also seen as the highest value. But that's an entirely different story. Nothing to do with CUSA.

ODU has reached max capacity for enrollment. Its time to start improving services and academic quality while raising admission standards. Getting more focused full time students will increase our graduation rate giving us a higher ranking. Raising tuition would give us better facilities and a better faculty/student ratio and tenured faculty raising our ranking. Better rankings draw students with greater potential to make big money and give back to the school. It can be a big beautiful snowball. The crime perception problem needs to be addressed for any of that to come to fruition.

They just raised tuition effective this month.
05-12-2017 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Good luck finding ODU on TV now - mac - 03-12-2017, 06:40 AM
Good luck finding ODU on TV now - ODU_NYG - 03-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Good luck finding ODU on TV now - Fatalisk - 03-12-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: Good luck finding ODU on TV now - bigblueodu - 05-12-2017 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.