Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
757ODU Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
(03-12-2018 10:35 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 09:49 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 09:43 AM)ODUCoach Wrote:  Of course we knew at an at-large wasn’t going to happen with our schedule, but if you think a better schedule is going to get us an at-large, Kermit Davis is going to beg to differ.

A better schedule (and wins) will at least give us a fighting chance. We've done it before. This season's schedule was pathetic.

We could at least have a conversation about whether or not MTSU should have gotten a bid.

I guess we could technically have a conversation about ODU being at-large worthy, but it would be a short one.

MTSU was good enough to get snubbed. I'd settle for that right now.

Its pretty clear that until the committee changes their mindset, there is nothing we can do to get in the tourney without winning the tourney. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MTSU have something like a top 10 non conference strength of schedule? And the committee didn't even put them in the first 4 out and they got a 3 see in the NIT...there were nowhere close to the NCAA tourney despite playing Belmont, Auburn, USC, Miami, Murray State, FGC, Vadny, Ole Miss, Princeton.

The at large stuff is not even my concern. I know the reality of what happens with the committee and P5 and G5. I want the games for exposure for recruits, as well as getting to play on a big stage. For me, it has little to do with the at large conversation, but more about the experience of playing in big time games.
03-12-2018 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - 757ODU - 03-12-2018 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.