ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
(03-08-2018 03:27 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 03:06 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  75ish RPI would be great in a down year. Its not that impressive as a high point.

I would love for this to be true, but curiousity got to me.

Using KenPom, which goes back to 2002, we have 17 years worth of data. Our average KenPom ranking is 108. Taking out 2013, would indicate our average ranking is 98. Hard to tell what the years prior would prove, but I'm guessing our average ranking before that time was roughly similar. I think it is safe to say the average ODU team is about the 100th best team in America.

There have been 8 teams out of the 17 that have been below 100 (37, 48, 64, 65, 67, 70, 73). We made the NCAA tourney with rankings of 37 (10), 48 (11), 64 (07), and 73 (05).

The heyday was clearly 2005 to 2011, which saw tourney appearences in 4 out of 7 years. Our average ranking in that time frame was 71.

History would tell us that our average is around 100. Our best years are around 70.

Huh? History tells us that our best years that you just posted were an average of 55.75.
03-08-2018 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - Monarchblue - 03-08-2018 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.