ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
I agree with your last line. You have your opinion on things and a level of expectations. Others don't share in those opinions exactly. Cool. Nobody is making anyone raise or lower their personal expectations of where the program should be. My issue is that it feels like every thread turns into it. If the pro-fire Jones folks want to stay on topic in this thread have at it. If the give em another year folks want to stay and hash that out. cool. But it bleeds over into other discussions. To make matters worse some like to poke at each other and draw it out. There's just this climate of toxicity on the board right now around this idea of program expectations and we can't get past it. I think that's where a lot of the snarky sarcasm to this topic comes from. The serenity prayer comes to mind for me.

Look, I'm all for keeping things wide open. It's a internet forum. They're a great resource for sharing information, debating ideas, etc. I don't want this place to be a echo chamber of kumbaya and cupcakes for everyone but at some point we gotta all agree to disagree on some topics. Or, like you said. Don't go into a thread titled "Fire Jones" unless you want to try and change someones mind.

So, that being said. He ain't going anywhere. Ask uncle Jeff to pass the gravy. =]

quick edit: we, as a group, need to challenge ourselves not to call someone's idea stupid and convincing ourselves that's different than calling the person stupid. It's nit picky but it doesn't exactly help to convince someone of your argument. Let's all talk to each other like we would over dinner... while Jones passes the gravy. Because he's coming to thx giving dinner. Uninvited. And there is nothing you can do about it.

If it wasn't obvious that last bit was terrible humor to lighten the tone.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 12:29 AM by bit_9.)
03-06-2018 12:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - bit_9 - 03-06-2018 12:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.