ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
(03-05-2018 11:14 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  
(03-05-2018 10:27 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Simple question that nobody is willing to answer. How long do we wait for a tournament bid?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Who? Posters on this board aren't willing to answer? That's highly unlikely as that's all we do is share our opinions. That's a subjective idea.

Are you looking for something formal or consensus from peers to rationalize your unhappiness with the program?

6 years 3 months 23 days. Not a day more.
I'm looking for someone. One person to have an actual, reasonable discussion about the elephant in the room.

Year in and year out most people on this board say next year it is tournament or bust. Then they get impressed by a recruiting class almost none of us has ever seen play one second of basketball or 24 wins against the 270 something rated schedule in the nation, and change their tune to "we have to give him more time.

I am tired of purgatory. Of course I am rooting for the team. Why the hell else would I have gone to every home game this season? I refuse to lower my expectations because some people don't agree with me. I would just like it if people would contribute to the discussion when they post rather than just complaining about the opinions of others.

So what is the answer? How long do we wait? Or do we just sit here year after year making excuses and pinning our hopes on something magical happening next year, just riding it out until we win fewer that 20 games so there is no plausible excuse to keep waiting?

People continually say you don't fire a coach when they win 20 games, well we already broke the mold by hiring a coach that won 10 games the year before we brought him on board. Seriously though, has that ever happened before?

... And we are in a thread about firing a coach. Those who don't want to be a part of that discussion have a very clear warning as to exactly what they are stepping into when they click the link.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018 11:43 PM by Monarchblue.)
03-05-2018 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - Monarchblue - 03-05-2018 11:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.