ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
BigBlue23 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
I will add my $.02 as I have tried to stay away from these boards most of the year because even in wins, i was not happy with our program. There was no point of piling on after a loss to raining on the parade after a win. But I can now speak from a season perspective.

I HATED the JJ hire at the time. I was not as impressed with the first season tunr around as most. I thought the NIT run was decent, but that was a highly disappointing season. And I thought that we WASTED the single best scorer (pure scorer, not overall player) that the program has even seen (Trey). On top of that, I felt like we have done nothing to build our program. We have tried to plug pieces in to fill holes as opposed to building for the long term. Picking up/relying on transfers is a program killer. You have quick, short term success, but nothing longstanding by doing this.

Maybe the most damming part of this is what my wife thinks. She is NOT an ODU alum. She likes sports in general but not a fanatic like most of us. She LOVED going to ODU basketball games during the Gerald and Baze days and even got into NIT run. We have season tickets and I tend to watch most games on tv and she would watch with me. She has had no desire to go watch this team. The brand of basketball is boring and lacks energy. You don't have to be a college scout to see that we have some talent but that we are aren't an overly talented team.

ODU Basketball will always be my love. Football is fun, but basketball is where my memories are all from. I will continue to donate, but damn I feel dirty doing so. JJ seems like a nice human, but he is what we all knew he was as a coach. A boring middle aged stiff who can't recruit run and gunners in an age of run and gun basketball.
03-10-2017 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - BigBlue23 - 03-10-2017 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.