ClemVegas Offline
Banned

I Root For: Clemson
RE: Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro
(03-11-2017 03:07 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 02:59 PM)ClemVegas Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 02:54 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 02:38 PM)ClemVegas Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 02:08 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  You're right, it is an opinion. One that is widely shared and spoken to by the basketball media and community in general. It is sort of the basketball equivalent to Carnegie Hall, at least for kids in the northeast. Regardless of the sport, Madison Square Garden is up there with Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Wrigley, Lambeau, Wembley, the Rose Bowl, and Churchill Downs. It's pretty fair to say that its tagline is correct, it is "the world's most famous arena."

The only other facility that might come close in college basketball might be the Palestra, which I think is actually more synonymous with college basketball history than MSG, but it is smaller and a less generally prominent facility overall. After that, you start getting more single team on-campus facilities like Cameron, Hinkle, Rupp, Allen, and Pauley.

I hope Greensboro had bigger crowds. It seats 5,700+ more than Barclays. I'm assuming tickets are sold out at any location except for the Tuesday opening round games.

it is only famous because it is in the largest US city. it has nothing to do with the arena or NYC itself being a basketball mecca.

That's partially true, but you need to learn more about the history of sports in this country.

ok Professor Paco.

i don't think sports is about history. it is a form of entertainment, at best. most bball teams aren't fun to watch though.

You're the one that tried disputing it's prominence as a sports arena. It is obvious what you think and don't know. MSG has a very rich history in sport, including basketball, hockey, boxing, and track & field.

that doesn't mean that playing the ACC tourney there helps recruit. what does 'history' have to do with my point. it is a red herring. most people in NYC were not at the game. most people who have watched the tourney saw it it tv.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 03:23 PM by ClemVegas.)
03-11-2017 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boeheim being Boeheim.....then gets owned by Greensboro - ClemVegas - 03-11-2017 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.