Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College hoops coaches OUT and IN
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
RE: College hoops coaches Out and In
Break down of finance by the school newspaper by Adam Aucoin

Most has been said on the previous thread page except the 25k will be raised privately.

Quote:Bamford has known Fogler for years and his happy with the move to add him to the process.

“What Eddie does, what any search firm will do for us as a public university, they give us protection in the process in that if I’m doing a search on my own I can’t necessarily protect certain candidates because I’m an employee at a state university,” Bamford said. “At the end of the day, there are say for example, sitting head coaches. Eddie can talk to those guys and protect them in the process and share that information with me.”

The service Fogler provides will come at a cost for UMass. The University will pay Fogler $25,000 for his efforts at the end of the search. According to Bamford, the fee for Fogler’s services has been raised privately from unrestricted gifts and will not come out of the state’s funds or from the basketball program.

Although the search for the next coach hasn’t been kicked into high gear just yet, Bamford already has plans for what the next coach’s contract will look like.

Bamford envisions the prospective five-year deal to have an annual salary in the $800,000-$900,000 range along with some bonus structure attached to the contract.

“The next contract will likely be a five-year contract. It will need to be cost neutral for us as a program in the next few years because of Derek’s buyout, so that means that the value of the contract will increase in year’s three, four and five,” Bamford said.

“In terms of a full budget, it is a five-year investment that we’re going to make in this position and in our coaching staff,” he added. “I want to create something where the next person has the ability to make money on success in ties to our success and really work with them to invest in the program to have success.”

http://dailycollegian.com/2017/03/10/uma...k-kellogg/
03-10-2017 03:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
College hoops coaches OUT and IN - Wedge - 03-05-2017, 05:20 PM
RE: College hoops coaches Out and In - Steve1981 - 03-10-2017 03:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.