Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College hoops coaches OUT and IN
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
RE: College hoops coaches Out and In
(03-09-2017 07:25 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 06:38 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Derek Kellogg is out at UMass, according to ESPN. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...ek-kellogg

I'll do an update on the OP after the conference tournaments to pick up the coaching departures of this week.

From our AD Ryan Bamford:
Quote:AMHERST, Mass. – University of Massachusetts Director of Athletics Ryan Bamford announced on Thursday that men's basketball head coach Derek Kellogg has been relieved of his duties.

"Decisions like this are always difficult but after a thorough review of our men's basketball program, I believe that a leadership change is needed to realize a higher level of competitive success expected at the University of Massachusetts," Bamford said.

At the helm of the program for nine seasons, Kellogg compiled an overall record of 155-137 with a record of 15-18 in 2016-17. Kellogg's UMass teams were 67-83 in Atlantic 10 play during his tenure.

"I want to thank Derek for his unwavering commitment to UMass basketball as both a student-athlete and our head coach," Bamford said. "Derek will always be a Minuteman and we wish him and his family well in the future."

An extensive national search to fill the position is underway. Fogler Consulting, led by former Associated Press National Coach of the Year Eddie Fogler, will assist UMass in the search process.

"I am confident that our ranking as a top public research university, coupled with our considerable financial investment in the men's program, including the new state-of-the-art John F. Kennedy Champions Center, will attract some outstanding candidates to UMass," Bamford added.

Quote:.@USATODAY's Steve Berkowitz (@ByBerkowitz) reporting Kellogg's buyout sits at $1.16M over 2 years. Lower if he's hired for another job.

Wow, I was thinking he'd have one more year considering the team is so young. A quick look at the roster and they are returning everybody; that's an anomaly this day in age.

Anyway, Eddie Fogler knows his stuff so I'm sure you'll end up with a good hire.
03-10-2017 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
College hoops coaches OUT and IN - Wedge - 03-05-2017, 05:20 PM
RE: College hoops coaches Out and In - esayem - 03-10-2017 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.