Idaho Asking State for Athletic Dept. Bailout
dtd_vandal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Idaho
RE: Idaho Asking State for Athletic Dept. Bailout
(02-14-2017 08:31 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(02-14-2017 07:07 PM)goofus Wrote:  
(02-14-2017 06:49 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(02-14-2017 03:46 AM)goofus Wrote:  Sounds like the remaining Idaho fans need a reality check. Big Sky and FCS is the best possible home for its football team. its time they get their athletic program and budget in line with that reality.

The state of Idaho should start thinking about tweaking the flagship status of its schools. The % of state population is gradually shifting more and more to the Boise area. Maybe its time to make Boise St a 2nd flagship. This may upset Idaho Alumni, but hey if there was more Idaho alumni that cared, they would have a 60k football stadium already.

I think you vastly underestimate the distances out west. It is almost a 6 hour drive from Boise to Moscow. That's the same as the distance from Sioux Falls to Iowa City. Heck, that's almost the same as the distance from Cincinnati to Iowa City.

How many Iowa fans in Sioux Falls come to multiple football games? That's not the type of trip you make multiple times in one fall.

It's unfortunate, but the population is too spread out in Idaho to support more than one FBS team.

So then sounds like you agree that Idaho should move its campus to Boise. That's where the people actually are. I am so glad that support for my idea of moving the campus to Boise is growing.

Actually Idaho has branch campuses all over Idaho including Boise. The Idaho fan can explain Idaho-Boise branch campus better than me. Before Boise St was a 4 year college, Idaho would play games in other locations, and in Boise. They stopped playing games in Boise in the 70's ot 80's. Anyone else care to jump in on this?
Cheers!

Yep there is a branch campus in Boise including a 3 year law school, along with branch campuses all over the state. Back before BSU was a 4 year college, Idaho would normally play 1 game in Boise, usually against Utah if I remember correctly.

Anyone who thinks you can just pack up a large University with hundreds of millions of dollars invested in the campus, programs, and infrastructure and move it 300 miles is a bit delusional lol.
02-14-2017 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idaho Asking State for Athletic Dept. Bailout - dtd_vandal - 02-14-2017 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.