Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Project Aurora New Features
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Project Aurora New Features
(10-14-2016 12:01 PM)Lyric Wrote:  As a developer myself who's interested in natural language processing, I'd love to see a developer API for this board to obtain publically-available data through an established interface to assist with research and/or allow others (such as myself) to layer third-party services on the forum that could expand the user experience (for example, combine sentiment analysis and topic modeling to automatically take the "pulse" of a particular fan base on a per-topic basis and visualize how the mood changes over time, and make it available to share for all users. The possibilities are endless).

I could do that, but man it'd be way down the list. You'd probably be better off taking an existing web crawler kinda bot (like the ones they use to automatically update statistics/etc for Wikipedia ... and they're written in Python, so they're easy to modify to do just about anything).

But if you do that, please have a "cool off" timer between page requests so you don't abuse the server. If you just gobble down pages as fast as possible and you're NOT a major search engine ... you'll probably eventually get filtered at the firewall level by the server.
10-14-2016 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project Aurora New Features - Lyric - 10-14-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Project Aurora New Features - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-14-2016 12:13 PM
RE: Project Aurora New Features - Lyric - 10-14-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Project Aurora New Features - brock20 - 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Project Aurora New Features - MrCincy - 09-26-2017, 10:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.