Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D2 Schools As Candidates To Become D1
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: D2 Schools As Candidates To Become D1
(09-25-2021 06:43 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  With the news that Texas A&M-Commerce going to get an invite to join the Southland? This is going be some major shake ups.

But, we also got this news out of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma Lawmakers To Debate Creating An All Oklahoma Conference

It looks like schools from GAC. MIAA and Lone Star are going to be an a conference for all Oklahoma. That would be a big problem. NW Oklahoma State is much more closer to the RMAC schools than NE Oklahoma State. Northwest Oklahoma State could be much better bennifiting in the RMAC. Alva is more near the front range than the Ozarks.

But, I could see if this does happen? With the public and private Oklahoma schools plus any NAIA Oklahoma schools have a landing spot? I predict some defections to D1 big time. GAC will be down to 6. It will be hard to find good replacements.

These are the schools that I could see make the move to D1.
Central Oklahoma
NE Oklahoma State
Arkansas Tech
UAFS
Harding
SW Oklahoma State

NCAA D1 made exceptions for special cases.

UCO Southland
NE Oklahoma State Southland
Arkansas Tech Southland
UAFS Summit
Harding Southland
SW Oklahoma State Southland

Rogers State could go to the Summit as well.

You list every directional Oklahoma school plus Arkansas Tech. Now that’s a horrible group of schools for the Slummit. Yes, even the Slummit.
09-25-2021 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: D2 Schools As Candidates To Become D1 - billybobby777 - 09-25-2021 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.