Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Game of Thrones Discussion - Potential Spoilers Warning
Bookmark and Share
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: OT: Game of Thrones Discussion - Potential Spoilers Warning
(06-27-2016 09:29 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  Loved last night's episode. Boy, did they really tie up some loose ends and clean up some storylines. Here are some of my questions/comments:

Cersei is a master of revenge and getting whatever the hell she wants. She's now sitting on the damn Iron Throne. I loved that she finally killed off the Sparrows and Faith Militant. The moment she introduced them into the story, I could not wait until they were killed off. The High Sparrow's stubbornness and his blind loyalty to his faith ultimately led to his death and the death of countless others. That green explosion was satisfying to see! I kind of wished that Margery and Loras survived but their deaths seem to be crucial in the plot to take revenge against Cersei and the Lannister household (or whatever it is that is left of it anyways).

House Tyrell was gutted in a single moment. They were already on life support when Loras renounced his succession rights. In the books there's two older brothers, so Loras isn't as vital. Now the Reach might go to the Hightowers of Oldtown, or the Tarly's of Hornhill. Depends on if there are some distant relatives for Lady Ollenna to turn it over to.

(06-27-2016 09:29 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  Jaime did not look pleased at all when he came back to King's landing to see the city in flames and Cersei on the throne. I think the King Slayer may end up becoming a Queen slayer...

His last child did a skywalk because of what his mother did and she's now gone full tilt off her rocker. I wouldn't be happy either. Without the Tyrells they have lost half their army and all of their money and food. Even those Lannister troops will start to disappear when they aren't getting paid anymore and their bellies are empty. And who do you think Cersei will expect to fix all this? Jaime of course. Get your strangl'n hand ready Volonqar, you'll need it soon!

(06-27-2016 09:29 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  I'm a little worried for Jon Snow (Stark-garyen??) being named King in the North. If he didn't have enough targets on his back, his followers just added a big one. I don't know how much I trust Sansa anymore. She still keeps secrets from Jon even though they had that heart to heart on the tower wall. Little Finger worries me as well. His loyalties lie with himself anf himself alone. I hope he doesn't come back to bite the Starks/North in the future...

Sansa doesn't trust Littlefinger, but Littlefinger was just proven wrong in a huge way too. He said there's no way they'd follow a bastard.............woops. Mommy's namesake shamed the rest into following. Even the Vale lords were on board. Littlefinger has no choice but to sow desent between Sansa and Jon. Is Sansa savvy enough now to resist the temptation? Don't forget that will Rob made making Jon a Stark and King in The North too. That's probably in Howland Reed's hands. He's also the only living person from the Tower of Joy now, so he has the full knowledge of who Jon REALLY is. And then there's Bran, who has a much better claim to King in The North than either Jon or Sansa.

(06-27-2016 09:29 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  I was pleased to see Tyrion named Hand of the Queen. It took a lot for him to go from where he was to that point. I think he could be a great advisor for Dany, if she ends up on the throne at the end. I think I read somewhere that along with the Targaryen and Greyjoy flags, Tyrell and Martell flags were seen on the ships as well. Dany is bringing the heat (literally and figuratively)! She is now armed with a s***-load of allies - most of which would love to kill Cersei and wipe out the Lannisters for good.

Dany comes up from the south, Jon decends from the north, Cersei gets pinched.

(06-27-2016 09:29 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  Now with that, where the hell is Euron? Has he been taking his sweet time building his extra ships? I think we may have a sea battle before Dany and her forces make it to the shores of Westeros.

Not sure I care about Euron at this point. Seems he was introduced just to get Yara and Theon to go to Dany. D&D have to have something impressive for him in the future to make him relevant for me or else his story line becomes Dorne part 2 for pointlessness.

(06-27-2016 09:29 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  And finally - Jon Snow's parents. They didn't exaclty say his mother was LYanna, but at the same time revealed it without saying a single word. Did anyone catch what Lyanna whispered in Ned's ear? Does this mean that Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne? is he Dany's Nephew or Half-brother? will they end up as allies or will they fight each other? Will either of them even make it out alive? I can't wait until next season!

He's Dany's nephew, but as the Prince of Dragonstone's bastard son his claim is weaker than Dany's to the Iron Throne, assuming there no septon out there hiding who married Lyanna and Prince R. The legality of polygamy in the Seven Kingdoms is vague. Aegon the Conqueror had two wives that were his full on sisters, and both sisterwives' sons sat the Iron Throne, so it's not unprecedented.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2016 02:02 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
06-27-2016 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Game of Thrones Discussion - Potential Spoilers Warning - 49RFootballNow - 06-27-2016 01:21 PM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - GoApps70 - 03-30-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - RonBurgundy - 03-30-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - Billy Free - 03-30-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - Mgt2j - 03-30-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - klg316 - 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - 49RFootballNow - 03-30-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - bladhmadh - 03-30-2013, 06:06 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - 58-56 - 03-30-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - Funslinger - 03-30-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - NothingButKnight - 03-30-2013, 09:46 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - USM@FTL - 03-30-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - PurpleReigns - 03-30-2013, 10:07 AM
RE: OT: Game of Thrones - mikeinsec127 - 03-31-2013, 12:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.