Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread
(01-11-2018 03:01 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 01:35 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Ys was interesting but I think my ship sailed on that series after playing Ys I and II(TG16) on WiiVC back in the day and them never getting to III.

I bought Hyrule Warriors and the DLC for WiiU, hit a wall in a Death Mountain stage and never went back to it. I doubt I double dip.

Mario Tennis looks nice but I doubt I'd get it.

My brother has Pokken DX so the DLC he should like.

Odyssey DLC is so meh.... free...sure... but no new Kingdoms? A balloon finding mini game?

SURPRISES TO ME:

No Yoshi game info.

No paid online/Switch VC info.

I gather that Dark Souls thing is HUGE so...

Surprised not now but.....
--Smash Bros?
--Animal Crossing?
--Fire Emblem?

The WiiU ports chosen...

You should give Ys 8 another run...the series is made in a way that each can be played on their own, and IMO Ys has some of the best JRPG combat out there and the best/most consistently good soundtracks in video games in general.

People are already commenting on how the Balloon Finding DLC is just rehashing one of the bigger criticisms of Odyssey, the fact that most of the game completion is done by random find-a-whatever and not through any different mechanics.

Dark Souls really shouldn't be a big deal, but I guess it is to some people. That's a 7.5 year old game, so the fact that they're pumped they can port it really doesn't speak highly about the power of the console and the ability for the AAA multi-plats to be able to play natively on it.

The port selection does leave much to be desired, and I'm shocked that they left what many consider to be their big 2018 tentpoles (FE:16, Yoshi, and Smash) completely without mention. Seems like an odd way to try to build on the console momentum if you ask me.

This is an early 2018 slate for the most part. Big guns will be announced close to and at E3. Plus we are assuming Pokémon will be the tentpole Holiday game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-11-2018 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 01-11-2018 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.