Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!)
(04-09-2017 05:25 PM)fastbow Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 04:40 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:54 AM)fastbow Wrote:  
(03-29-2017 11:51 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Regardless of the stupid face animation witch hunt, Mass Effect: Andromeda has been one of the more entertaining and robust titles I have played in a long while. I've really been impressed with the additions and love the story/gameplay. All these people making a shitstorm over one screengrab have overshadowed a very strong game that I'd recommend to any action, shooter, RPG, or Sci-Fi fan.

You can't deny though that the first patch is going to fix a LOT of issues.

Like that goddamned flying ship. Nearly derailed the game for me.

Absolutely...but I'm one of the few people who happens to be fine with Day 1 patches, DLC, etc. Just finished the game and have 96% completion (I'm guessing the other four are the find tasks and since there are absolutely no quest indicators I probably won't finish them). Loved the hell out of this game, and will never understand the hate it has been getting. Too many people are acting like this is Mass Effect 4 rather than the start of a new trilogy with their character connection complaints and whatnot...as far as gameplay, story, and table setting, the game is great. If you go in with a clear mind and not unreal expectations by comparing this against one of the best games of all-time (ME2) and just enjoy the journey, you'll be happy.

I have almost the exact same experience. Beat it over spring break with everything done except the markerless quests. And I've come to almost the exact same conclusion: it's a brilliant game that may have some rough edges, but a wonderful heart.

All they've got to do is give me my Quarians, and I'll be a VERY happy camper.

The Quarian Ark is absolutely going to be DLC. I love games that make you wish you were there after you're done and seriously make you miss the experience, and this one did just that... just like the original trilogy. I think it's partially the lore, but definitely the characters, they start feeling like a family. There are only a few things that have made me feel that way, as far as TV, movies, books, and video games go...and ME is and always will be one. This is just the latest example, and I hope that the unwarranted backlash doesn't kill this franchise, because it is on video game Rushmore for me.

One thing is for sure, even though I'll be well into my 30's, I'll be patiently waiting the next foray into that universe (I guess we can't say galaxy anymore). My brother and i always talk about games/books/movies/TV shows/cartoons that we will make sure we keep for our kids, and the entire ME experience is definitely one of those things.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 05:41 PM by BearcatMan.)
04-09-2017 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - BearcatMan - 04-09-2017 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.