Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread
Just caught up with everything from the Switch stream, and it seems to confirm what I kind of felt like it would be. It's a slightly higher power Vita with a display dock and gimmicky controllers. It's extremely interesting, and I'll more than likely buy one after getting a better read on the final product, but anyone thinking this is a direct competitor for the PlayStation or Xbox brands will be sorely mistaken. It's quite clear even from the likely upscaled videos that the graphical fidelity is nowhere near the dedicated home consoles which is to be expected for a gaming tablet, but that's not what the appeal of this is. The direct appeal is that it's kind of a PS3/360 that you can take with you everywhere, and in that I think it will be successful...unfortunately, commercially I feel like the jury is still out. They're repeating a lot of their past mistakes with the WiiU that didn't make it a commercially viable option, and I'm still sticking to my belief that Nintendo will be Software-only within the next 7 years.

Additionally, those controllers in the home mount seem to be a little small...might be uncomfortable for prolonged play. $80 for controllers seems pretty excessive too considering that's $20 more than the current standards for their competitors and they're MUCH smaller (even with included tech that seemingly no third party port will code in).
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 08:47 AM by BearcatMan.)
01-13-2017 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread - BearcatMan - 01-13-2017 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.