ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Freeman - Best Single Game Performance in ODU History?
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Freeman - Best Single Game Performance in ODU History?
(03-26-2015 11:36 AM)north beach monarch Wrote:  
(03-26-2015 08:45 AM)The Flagship Wrote:  
(03-26-2015 08:22 AM)blewbyu Wrote:  
(03-26-2015 01:36 AM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  Not to take anything away from Trey but I would have to go for Petey Sessoms 36 points against Villanova in Albany in the NCAA 1st round triple OT upset. The 3 FTs he made to tie the game were epic.

I was at that game. When I read this tread that game immediately came to mind. Up until last night that game was the best I had ever seen ODU.After last night's game the Villanova game drops to number 2. It does not get any better than last night. See you in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by Trey, but Petey's 35 points against Villanova in the first round of the 95 NCAAT was the best ODU performance.

Allow me to frame the picture for you. Petey got fouled in the corner on a three point attempt when we were down three with just seconds to go in the game. He went to the line and hit all three foul shots. Then at the end of the third overtime, he blocked a shot (nearly pinned it on the backboard) and hustled down the court to receive a pass from Dunlap for a breakaway layup and an "and 1" to seal the victory. To block a shot at the basket and be the lead guy on a fast break is almost impossible. This was on St. Patrick's Day, a Friday night, and 98% of the country were receiving the end of the game since the other games already ended and the second games of the night had not started yet.

yea i was there an amazing performance and the best thing is 20 years later we are still talking about Petey and that Villanova is still feeling the effects of that loss......20 years from now we will be talking about the shot Trey hit to send the monarchs to MSG....there will be many more in between like Billy Mann's shot heard around the world was awesome too and that was 34 years ago

I was at the game also and have to vote for Petey as best performance, for all the reasons you mentioned. I still go back and watch it now and then. Trey's shot was dramatic and clutch, but to keep us going to three overtimes to finally overcome a more talented team in the Big Dance was tremendous.
03-26-2015 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freeman - Best Single Game Performance in ODU History? - Chillie Willie - 03-26-2015 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.