Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transformation vs Incrementalism
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
RE: Transformation vs Incrementalism
(01-15-2015 09:59 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Am glad to be on a board in which everybody speaks fluent statistics. other than me, of course, I forgot it all as soon as grades were posted 50 years ago.

i appreciate Lad's work, it confirms what I was feeling intuitively, that we are on an upward trend. Understand and agree that it is slower and shallower than any of us would like. to the kids in the back seat who keep asking, are we there yet?, I say no, not yet, but we are getting there.

The definition of good season - I picked on 9-3 Because it would be a season which most of us would deem good, not great. The talk about 11+ wins could raise expectations to the point where that 9-3 would be perceived as a failure. Did not allot losses to any specific game or project the season. right now a lot of us are ready to write off 2015 if we lose the first game. That is all I am cautioning about.

I don't think anyone would be writing off the season with a loss in Austin, but it's a golden opportunity to FINALLY get that first signature win and garner national attention. If we lose, it's only going to increase the perception of same old, same old, with no progress. We might be trending positive in our W-L record, but we've made absolutely no progress in our ability to beat teams ranked inside the Top 75...or compete with teams ranked inside the Top 50. At some point that has got to change...and with the DBD it's now 9 years and counting.
01-15-2015 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Transformation vs Incrementalism - GoodOwl - 01-10-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Transformation vs Incrementalism - waltgreenberg - 01-15-2015 11:26 AM
Transformation vs Incrementalism - chrisc - 10-13-2019, 09:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.