ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
(07-10-2016 08:41 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  We don't have any scholarships left from what I understand. Fields has to prove himself both on and off the floor to get a scholarship. It is one thing to be one of the best in HS. It is another thing to be able to contribute as a D1 player.

We don't have any scholarships left from what I understand.
As I have said ... not having a scholarship available would explain Fields having to wait a year before being covered during the next 3 as has been mentioned in the Virginian Pilot (see link below). It also alludes to the fact that Jones was still looking for an experienced guard that could play the point for this coming season which would explain his not immediately offering Fields a scholarship this season, but would have one to give him for the following 3 seasons.

Fields has to prove himself both on and off the floor to get a scholarship.
What exactly is it that you think he has to prove in order to get a scholarship? It is one thing if there is not one available to be given this year and that is why he was offered a preferred walk on position for this season. The newspaper did not indicate that there were some things that he would have to prove in order to get a scholarship going forward which is what you have stated here. Please tell us what the newspaper left out. Has Greene already proved himself both on and off the floor since he got a scholarship this season? If so then tell us what the difference is there.

It is one thing to be one of the best in HS. It is another thing to be able to contribute as a D1 player.
Since you haven't enlightened us with any specifics about what you are getting at, I can only assume that you are speaking solely about his play on the court with this statement. That said ... give me one of the best in HS as opposed to a lesser regarded player and I would more often than not take my chances with them being more able to contribute as a D1 player than the other guy. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's probably why schools like Duke and Kentucky end up recruiting (and getting) more 5 star players than ODU does. Bottom line is that none of them ever come with a guarantee that they are going to contribute as advertised, and that includes both Fields and Greene for ODU. Some perform better, some worse, and others do about what was generally expected.

Everything that I have either read or heard from Jones in speaking about Fields have been both positive and complementary without any reservations or conditions.

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/ol...09bef.html
07-11-2016 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODU BBALL - 07-11-2016 12:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.