Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
(02-23-2016 02:12 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 01:42 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 01:10 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 12:59 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 09:40 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I honestly laughed out loud of claiming he's basically brandan stith.

Last year Snowden averaged 20 pts per 100 possession on 39% field goals. 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 4 turnovers. O-Rating of 101.6 and d-rating of 107.9. Win shares per 40 of 0.74.

Stith is averaging 25 points per 100 possession on 56% field goals. 22 rebounds. 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 blocks, 3 turnovers. O-rating of 111.4 and a D-rating of 93.9. Win shares per 40 of .172.

To paraphare, Stith is averaging (per 100) 5 more points, 11 more rebounds, and shooting at a rate of 56% compared to 39%. Furthermore Stite has excellent offensive and defensive ratings while Snowden has been pretty bad offensively and terrible defensively.

I didn't go into any advance metrics to make the argument.

Stith is averaging 10.3 points a game as a sophomore. Snowden averaged 10.7.

Rebounds 9.2-6.0 advantage Stith
Blocks are definitely in stiths favor.
Assists - Snowden 2.3, Stith 0.4

Obviously one is a SF and one is a PF.

Stith was also required to do much more offensively on an awful niagara team where he was usually the other teams main focus.

Stith has been great but he is most assuredly not the other teams primary focus. Not to mention any big man is going to shoot better from the field than a guard because they take higher percentage shots/get more putbacks.

Again I was not saying they are the same type of player what I was stating is that from a purely per game average as far as rebounding, scoring, assists etc., they were pretty much even. Advance metrics give the advantage to Stith and rightfully so, but
I have a feeling Snowden will start putting up much better numbers with jmu than he did with niagara, just as stiths numbers improved coming to odu from ecu.

Snowden has deep 3 point range, I expect to see him start putting up big numbers in the next year or two.

One thing is for certain, we definitely could have used him this year when bacote started to disappear.

Snowden shot 39% from the field. I could average 10 points per game if I shot that many times. Of course, simply using points per game is an awful measure to come up with any type of comparison. You way of claiming the two were anywhere even remotely similar was asinine.

Now, you bring up Bacote. Bacote is also a far superior player to Snowden. Do I need to post those numbers as well?

Or can you just make it easy on us and admit that you were wrong on Snowden?

Says the guy who compared his to biberaj???

His number are much closer to stiths than they are to nick's. Period.

Here you go: (per 100 possessions) (using Snowden 2015 season)

Stith- 24.8
Snowden- 20
Biberaj-15.9

Rebounds
Stith- 22.2
Biberaj- 11.8
Snowden- 11.2
Bacote- 6.5

Assists
Bacote- 5.7
Snowden- 4.4
Biberaj- 2.8
Stith- 0.9

Steals
Bacote- 2.1
Snowden- 2.1
Biberaj- 1.3
Stith- 1.0

Blocks
Stith- 4.1
Biberaj- 2.5
Snowden- 0.9
Bacote- 0.6

Turnovers
Snowden- 4.0
Bacote- 3.9
Stith- 3.1
Biberaj- 1.8

O-Rating
Bacote- 113.6
Stith-111.4
Biberaj- 104.6
Snowden- 101.6

D- Rating
Stith- 93.9
Biberaj- 100.3
Bacote- 101.6
Snowden- 107.9

Wins shares (per 40)
Stith- .172
Bacote- .172
Biberaj- .105
Snowden- .074

Perhaps you will notice that Snowden average 20 points per 100 possessions simply because he shoots way too much. Is inferior in almost every aspect to the 3 other players mentioned. Also, you can take note of how low he is ranked in advanced statistics due to how inefficient he is and how bad his defense is.

You are out of your league.

And I completely disagree with any metric that would actually say biberaj is more valuable than Snowden because that is absurd.

There are plenty more ways to examine a player than his points per 100 possessions because that is assuming all things are equal for them getting those shots.

They are most assuredly not.

Trey is forced to take way too many shots because the rest of his team is throughly mediocre. He's also forced to take those shots against double teams and defenses designed specifically for him.

Likewise Snowden was one of the top targets to shut down for most teams playing niagara. Biberaj gets most of his shots because he's wide open because an opposing teams man left him to double on someone else.

Your absurd metric doesn't consider any factor other than pure statistics and that's how you get garbage like biberaj is more valuable than Snowden.

You look like a total joke making such a ridiculous argument.

Put biberaj on niagara, make him the center of attention and let's see how many points he creates for himself.

Basketball is not played in a metric vacuum and only a fool would attempt to argue that it is without considering other factors.
02-23-2016 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Razor Ramon Monarch - 02-23-2016 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.