ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
(07-09-2015 02:42 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 01:00 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  The schools that you refer to that play in sold out arenas, are on ESPN, etc. have those things because guys like him chose to go there. Clemson and Boston College are in the ACC along with Duke and UNC but you don't see the same degree of exposure at those schools because they haven't been as successful.

ODU most certainly CAN provide that same level of comfort if that is what a guy like Coleman is seeking. Those things have happened at Wichita State, Butler, and to some extent at VCU over the past few years. No reason that ODU can't be there too. If noting else, ODU's program has shown over the past couple of years along with it's recent recruiting that it is on a quick track going upward. It is like the comment in the movie Field Of Dreams ... If you build it they will come. ODU appears to be building it by it's recent recruiting success and wins on the basketball court. That will (hopefully) continue by its upcoming recruiting classes. If it all comes together as we hope then ODU will not only get back into the Top 25 again this season or next, but be a regular member of it. ESPN, sell out crowds, etc. will all be there too (at ODU).

You've got to walk before you run. WSU, Butler,and VCU did not start recruiting those types of players and then start making tournament runs. You have to make the runs first. Let's keep getting the Trey's of the world and make a couple of deep runs with the Stith's, then we can hope to sign a 4 or 5 star.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Is that etched in stone somewhere and I missed it? If so then please don't share that with the coaching staff. ODU has already signed (or gotten commitments from) a couple of 4 star rated players out of high school since the season ended that will be available in the 2016-17 season. They are B.J. Stith (transfer from UVA) and Coleburn (transfer from Illinois). Additionally Porter (transfer from GMU was the Gatorade player of the year in VA his senior year of HS) and was starting at GMU during the last half of the season. I'm not ready for the team to go back to the walking stage.

I'm guessing that you are correct about those other teams not getting those kinds of players before making their Tournament runs. Just saying it doesn't have to be that way as the facts have shown by ODU's recent recruiting success. Coleman would mesh well at ODU with those other guys and help to create one heck of team. Even if he elects to go somewhere else I have a feeling that ODU is going to be a tough out for most anyone they face during that time period as long as Jeff comes back healthy and the rest of the staff remains in place for another couple years or so.
07-09-2015 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODU BBALL - 07-09-2015 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.