Eagle78 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BC
Tom DIenhart: UConn not on Big Ten radar, locked out of a major conference
(02-18-2014 06:18 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(02-18-2014 06:03 PM)Eagle78 Wrote:  
(02-18-2014 05:41 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 10:39 PM)wildthing202 Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 01:13 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  I guess, if you don't look at revenue, attendance, national championships, and bowl appearances, then yeah the two are about equal.

Both are in G5 conferences, both play in small stadiums, both have titles in 1 sport albeit different ones(UConn-hoops & UMass-football), both serve the same market(Springfield/Hartford) and both make squat compared to the P5.

Am I missing something? I know it hurts your ego but UMass has just about caught up to the falling UConn.

Haha, this is hilarious.

One sport? First, UConn has 11 National Championships in basketball (men most recently in 2011 and women are defending champions). Second, UConn also has 3 Soccer National Championships (2000 most recent), 3 Field Hockey National Championships (current defending champion), 10 Polo National Championships (including the last 4), and countless Big East championships.

If we are falling, then BC is rock bottom.

BC? Rock bottom? Well, since you want to talk about polo, field hockey, etc, I guess I can mention BC's 6 sailing national titles, or how about BC's 5 national hockey titles? Heck, we even feel that we have a FB national title from 1940 (much disputed, of course)!

Frankly, your response highlights the problem Uconn has, IMO. All of those sports you boasted about mean little to nothing in terms of CR realignment. FB drives the bus - and for that sport, at least for now, Uconn trails BC and SU and most everyone else it needs to be competitive with - and that's what is important.

Sorry, it is what it is.

Just my 2 cents

Ya..comparison was UCONN/UMASS...not quite sure why he turned it into a UCONN/BC thing.

Although Eagle...you better watch out in Hocky East...UCONN is coming for you... 02-13-banana

Hi Husky U...hey, bring it on re: hockey. Looking forward to it.

But before trying to catch BC, you will probably need to first catch BU, Maine, UNH, Wisonson, Minnesota, Michigan, S. Dakota, ND, etc., and everyone else in college hockey who is also chasing BC.

I hope you will chase us. You will be joining the rest of college hockey in that pursuit. That's the reality which the "Alabama of college hockey" has to face. For BC, it is no big deal, Uconn is just another school chasing them.

Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 06:55 PM by Eagle78.)
02-18-2014 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tom DIenhart: UConn not on Big Ten radar, locked out of a major conference - Eagle78 - 02-18-2014 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.