Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
So, after EVH's passing I have gone through their album catalog minus III, which I don't own.

Random thoughts about each:
*FWIW, 1984 is where I got into them. Never even knew about 5150, but picked it back up with 0U812 and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I previewed Balance and passed on it. Then they used that old VH tune for that Nissan commercial and I went back and got I, II, Women and Children First, Diver Down, and Fair Warning. I got A Different Kind of Truth when it released--I really liked it. I got Balance this year in March.

Anywho:
[Image: 71VMc4rJs7L._SX425_.jpg]
A really good sound of late 70s LA. I really liked Runnin With the Devil, You Really Got Me, Ain't Talkin Bout Love, Atomic Punk, Litttle Dreamer, and Ice Cream Man.

[Image: 61HSam4iJOL._SX425_.jpg]
--Really good late 70s album again, and a solid follow up, no sophomore slump IMO. I kind of liked Dance the Night Away. But, Bottoms Up, D.O.A, and Beautiful Girls were great. Most of the other tracks were decent.

[Image: 61Pz%2B-2B8JL._SX355_.jpg]
--A darker album IMO than the first two. I was all about And the Cradle Will Rock, Everybody Wants Some, and Take Your Whiskey Home. I didn't really feel most of the other tracks.

[Image: 91f%2BmyU%2BnTL._SX355_.jpg]
--Darker still... I really liked Mean Street and One Foot Out the Door. I found myself not overly into the rest of the disc.

[Image: 61Q7UdHwtZL._SX355_.jpg]
--A little lighter IMO than the last few albums. I was really liking Hang Em High, Where have all the Good Times Gone , Oh Pretty Woman, and the Dancing in the Street cover. I found Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails hilarious.

[Image: 71MBmDwlvuL._SY355_.jpg]
--WOW, such an epic album of mega hits. Jump, Panama, Top Jimmy, Drop Dead Legs, Hot for Teacher, I'll Wait.... so good.... The last two tracks didn't do much for me but I mean... when you got those others...

[Image: 81MlBgddxpL._SY355_.jpg]
--I am still amazed at how I never knew this album existed in between 1984 and OU812. But once I heard it, I really liked Good Enough, Why Can't This Be Love, Summer Nights, and Best of Both Worlds. I find this album a good listen all the way through.

[Image: 71BhISzzSRL._SY355_.jpg]
--Lots of good tunes off this album. I liked When Its Love, Feels So Good, and Finish What Ya Started. I think the whole album is a good listen.

[Image: 51K9-U9SOuL._SX355_.jpg]
--Such a great album IMO. Poundcake, Runaround, Man on a Mission, and Right Now were all good. I think the complete album is a good listen.

[Image: 51OIp02JQ2L._AC_UY218_.jpg]
--Meh. Musically the band isn't bad but in terms of hits/jams, to me, it has none.

[Image: 81xHeELybpL._SY355_.jpg]
--Never listened to it. Probably never will. Something never sat right with me and them going for the lead singer of Extreme instead of getting back with Sammy or Dave.

[Image: 71IiMFO0fiL._AC_UY218_.jpg]
--I was stoked that after the hot garbage of III they would put out another album, and the fact they went back to DLR was another intriguing possibility. I really liked it. I found myself into Tattoo, She's the Woman, China Town, Stay Frosty, and Big River. I actually think the whole album is solid.
10-10-2020 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - PirateTreasureNC - 10-10-2020 07:06 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.