Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
(10-12-2019 02:53 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 11:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 11:08 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  2019 been hella year for me as far as loving music.

Tool finally released another album. Great imo.

Man, I am not sure on all the 2019 releases I have liked so far. New Korn was pretty decent. I liked the 2019 tracks from Motley Crue on The Dirt Soundtrack. Papa Roach's January 2019 cd was pretty good. Duff McKagan's Tenderness cd wasn't bad but a little to slow for me to really get into.

Sturgill Simpson released another album. I bought the cd just to have the hard copy. I downloaded it on my Spotify to have it readily available.

I’ve watched Sturgill change on every album he puts out. It pisses off a lot of the people that liked him for whatever particular album caught their ear. I told a good music friend a long time ago that I saw Sturgill as more of an artist than simply a really good musician. Yes I know semantics can argue a musician is by default an artist but my statement makes sense to me.

He refuses to be pigeonholed. He does come across a little angsty/angry but I understand why he does. Doesn’t matter to me. I’ve been thrilled with his progression. One article I read said he had once promised his wife he’d do an album of bluegrass classics that she picks out and that would not surprise me one bit.

I stated long ago I thought Sturgill is a generational artist. I still believe that. If you have Netflix check out his Sound and Fury anime. This newest cd jumps around from one style to the next and I loved every one of them.

Here’s a trailer for the Netflix special. Check it out with an open mind. It certainly won’t receive a single vote on CMA night.

Wait, Sturgil Simpson is doing anime? Or was he just responsible for getting this particular one over to the States?

07-coffee3

Aye matey. Of course he didn’t actually do the anime. But it was his project. I’ve never actually watched anime. A lot of folks are comparing this to that old late night show Heavy Metal which I certainly do remember.

I did pick up that Motley Crue soundtrack and liked it as well.

You just rock a little harder than I do amigo. Although I love this new Tool album. Of course there’s always haters on everyone and I think they certainly could have put this out before now but I know Maynard and the rest have done all their projects as well. I’m just going to enjoy it.

I’ve only watched the Sturgill Sound and Fury movie twice now but will watch again when I get the time.

IMO, the beauty of music is always held within the 'eye of the beholder'....regardless whether something fits or doesn't fit my ear, like religion, it's simply off limits to bash someone else for their 'faith in taste'....that's why this thread is pure for everyone....

and yeah, the new TOOL release is pretty dayum good....if I had to 'coin it', I'd say it's a continuation of 10K days with plenty of Lateralus sprinkled in along the way....most of the tunes are in 7/4 time....it's amazingly difficult to play

the reason for the extended delay was over legal issues that aren't worth rehashing....

I think I posted this when it was released.....it's easily their best work and song on this one....

another musical genius that never got enough credit is Zappa....I listened to these today as well...

10-22-2019 11:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - stinkfist - 10-22-2019 11:45 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.