Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
(09-26-2018 11:05 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 11:06 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 08:54 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(09-22-2018 12:29 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  then this one pops into my head. I should've brought that one along as Seventeen Seconds is good driving music, especially at night. Oh, well, next time. Kinda cool to actually be able to see Robert Smith before all the makeup, whatnot and such.

Artist: The Cure
Album: Seventeen Seconds
Song: "At Night"
April 8, 1980 Fiction Records

On 8th December 1979, The Cure did their first live TV special at Theatre de l'Empire in Paris:

mannnnnnnnnnn....I saw them at UNO in ~'85 (tripping balls)......

looking back, all I see are little boys like I once was.....good times those were....

time to bust out the strat.....

On the real, I have never understood the fascination people have with The Cure. I think Friday is about the only song of theirs I can even say I like.

Cool, Stink. I only saw them later int their career. Still a very good show, but I think you saw a better one.

I liked the wry wordwit and strange metaphors in "Bobby" Smith's songwriting. Also, the hypnotic/late nite feel of a lot of the music was at times appealing to me. Never have really needed anything but just the music to get the feeling. If you haven't looked deeper into their catalog, (try Staring at the Sea, their first singles collection, for starters, then yeah, probably all you see is the black goth stuff and eye makeup. I never got as much into the halloween costume aspect of it, but I sure dug a lot of their first 10 years of songs and albums. They had some really great hooks and melodies that stuck in your mind a long, long time and stood up to repeated listening.

absolutely.....sometimes a smooth vibe pings and slings the brain....

love the bobby smith thingy....I've done that as well with bobby duvall and deniro.....

#bubby
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018 07:48 AM by stinkfist.)
09-27-2018 07:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - stinkfist - 09-27-2018 07:45 AM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.