Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
(03-14-2017 02:14 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 12:00 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  The first time I heard him doing this song I was like "damn, that sounds very familiar, I know I know that song". Thanks to my Ninja Google Fu skills I found it immediately. I just chuckled.

Same the first time he did Bloom. His covers are nothing like the originals. I like both originals. But I love what he did with them.

I honestly think he's one of those once in a long time kind of artists. I think he's genius. I know that may sound like hyperbole. But he just has 'it'. But reading up on him I'm not sure he'll last forever. With the backstory of his last album being an ode to his son he's not seeing grow up, I'd not be surprised to see him take a hiatus in the next 5 years and then come back to it later. Of course I could be clueless too.

Another somewhat off the radar group I've become a fan of in the last 6 or 7 years ---

Became a big fan of theirs living in California, and when I moved back to Austin met the lead singer by chance at a coffee house. The band really hasn't had a lot of traction and she was really happy that I was a fan.

She sent me 'behind the stage' tickets to the pre Austin City Limits gig at a local night club, along with floor tickets to the ACL theater taping, both in November a little over a year ago.

The music is clean and original, and best of all doesn't hold a candle to their live shows.

My wife and I and the next door neighbors with whom we went to the nightclub pre-taping show were the only people over 40 at the gig. Was a much better vibe than some. Last night I went to the Pretenders taping at ACL, and even being over 50 I was well on the young side of bell curve last night.....

First two audio only entries for youtube.

edited to add: great thread y'all have going here. Just found it a couple of days ago, after re-finding the Rice board here after 6 years or so.

...am so digging this one....it just made the bluetooth roundabout tomorrow....

well done! glad to have another perspective on this thread...this is where there cannot be 'too many'....

kudos and 04-cheers
03-14-2017 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - stinkfist - 03-14-2017 10:13 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.