Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
(01-30-2014 04:54 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 02:00 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  another one owl....saw 'em at uno lakefront....

The Cure Jul 25, 1987 at Kiefer UNO Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA....9m to the head on esplanade at 5 a.m...don't ask...survival needs no answers...was the kiss me (or as we called it, the lick me) tour....givin' ya my favorite bone

and went to this show, but can't get a vid....Jane's Addiction opening for Love and Rockets - November 25, 1987 - Tipitina's, New Orleans, LA

no vid on this either....throw in the Cult at the Saenger....opening act you wonder??????????? guns and roses sucking as they were releasing Appetite whizzing out vinyl like frisbees....the final song was so cool...words inadequate....September 17, 1987 New Orleans, Louisiana Saenger Theatre

what a crazy fkn year......took me back in time you did....right on!

Saw Jane's on their "Nothing's Shocking Tour" opening for Iggy Pop. That was something.

Saw The Cult open for Metallica on that tour. Had no real idea who Metallica was at the time. they played something like three hours. All those kids in black tee-shirts waving their hands the entire time. And I went just to see Ian Astbury and The Cult. It wasn't until years later that I realized I had seen Metallica on the Black Album tour, which in hindsight is pretty cool to be able to say. Bob Rock produced the album, and had also produced The Cult as well, so I guess that helped get them on that tour.

Still, for The Cult, I favored The Manor Sessions versions of the "Electric" mixes, as I like a touch more melodicism in my harder music.

Here's The Cult with the Manor Session mix of "Wildflower" which was later to be remixed and appear on "electric".

I used to cover this song and could hit all Ian's high notes in full voice. Those were the days...

getting ready to queue it up....embedded was a no-go....kudos to the cult

edit: quite a different tempo....and if you can hit that shite....then you can HIT IT!

Love was easily my fave....was cool being tapped into the groove of brother wolf....was a blast and a trip
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 05:20 PM by stinkfist.)
01-30-2014 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - stinkfist - 01-30-2014 05:12 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.