Thread Closed 
So where do we go from here?
Bookmark and Share
fightingcamels2014 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell
RE: So where do we go from here?
(03-12-2013 06:15 AM)toley2345 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 10:02 PM)YaleCamel Wrote:  Well, since the cat is out the bag that Laing is gone, who would people like to see patroling the Pope Parquet for the Boys in Orange next season? Who would be good fits for the program and the school? Who would help us make "the leap"?

I have a lot of coaches I would love to have. But I have to be realistic. This is my #1 pick even though I think it is still very unrealistic. So I am big fan of anyone who comes from a strong coaching tree (Pitano, Coach K, Dean Smith, Knight etc). I agree that we should get someone who fits who fit well in are university. So my pick is JEFF CAPEL. Reasons:

1. Proven track record and success at mid major and BCS basketball.
2. He is young 38
3. Comes from a strong coaching lineage
4. He is from Fayetteville
5. He would not have to move his family
6. I think he is looking for a new coaching job.
7. Coach K is not looking to leave anytime soon (so if he gets replaced by him hopefully he can develop a good assistant under him to replace him)
8. He seems like a strong man of faith
9. He can recruit
10.) Maybe he can bring in a Duke transfer cough cough Alex Murphy!

Why we wont get him:
1.) He will probably look to go to a bigger more established program (which after his stent in Okla don't know why he would want to)
2.) Money don't think we will pay him that much

Any thats what I think I understand if you guys think it is a long shot.

Write back

There is a .0000000000001 % chance we can get somebody with head coaching experience from a Power Conference, regardless of how successful.

If you look at the other head coaches Roller has hired since he got here, the name I keep thinking of is Muggsy Bogues. He would be a hire almost identical to Mike Minter was for football. He would be a publicity hire, but he has head coaching experience. He is currently coaching at United Faith Christian Academy in Charlotte.

I'm taking a shot in the dark here but regardless of who it is they need to have credentials that the players will respect from day 1. He also needs to be a good x's & o's guy, which is one area that Laing fell miserably short in.
03-12-2013 07:32 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
So where do we go from here? - YaleCamel - 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: So where do we go from here? - fightingcamels2014 - 03-12-2013 07:32 AM
RE: So where do we go from here? - CU97 - 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.