Baseball by the Numbers - 2012-13 Season
Bookmark and Share
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: N/A
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - April 20
(04-21-2013 09:40 AM)MercerFan Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 09:25 PM)Statman101 Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 05:29 PM)MercerFan Wrote:  APRIL 20th UPDATE: Mercer finally cracks the rankings again, checking in as high as #24. FGCU has dropped out of the rankings after an impressive 7 weeks on the charts. FGCU has been sliding recently, mostly due to the 3-game sweep at the hands of Mercer.

Mercer is on a 7-game win streak and leads the conference race by only a half game.

FGCU is treading water at best. They are only 1 game ahead of 6th place*

* The conference tourney invites the top 6 teams. There is a tie for 6th between Stetson and JU. Those teams are only 3.5 games back from Mercer. This race is VERY close, and a weekend sweep would change things drastically for anybody.

North Florida is a SOLID team, but can't get their RPI above 70. They need the conference tourney to advance to the NCAA.

ETSU and Kennesaw are also GREAT clubs, but are both clearly in need of a conference tourney crown.

Beyond that I can't imagine another team winning the tournament.

FYI...Conference tournament is 8 teams.

Also, by winning percentage which determines seeding UNF is first and is now 64 in the RPI after today. Florida will have alot to do with UNFs success in the RPI.

That's sad they finally changed it to 8 teams. I loved the 6 team style of baseball. That's a good bump for UNF's RPI. I'd like to see them keep winning and make a push for the at large.

I tend to disagree. I always hated the six team format. There were always too many variables and it made it VERY hard for teams to scout throughout the tournament. An eight team format makes it easier on fans to follow and a lot easier on the top seeds.

I am always for inclusion as well and the more teams you can add the better. My only complaint is they didn't do the pool scheduling in the tournament like the ACC. A pool schedule would guarantee EVERY team three games with only one more game for the championship. That means even if a Mercer/UNF/FGCU doesn't make the final, those teams have a chance to get as many as two wins without winning a title.

With all of that being said, so happy six teams are out and eight teams are in. Right now, Lipscomb is the team on the outside. NKU wasn't eligible anyways.
04-21-2013 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - MercerFan - 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - BucsFan - 03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - MercerFan - 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - MercerFan - 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - BucsFan - 03-04-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - Statman101 - 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - MercerFan - 03-04-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - MercerFan - 03-05-2013, 04:23 AM
RE: Baseball by the Numbers - April 20 - Statman101 - 04-21-2013 07:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.