Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NY Post: C7 want out for 2013-2014
L1C4 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL
NY Post: C7 want out for 2013-2014
Quote:A source told The Post both sides want to get a deal done that would allow a split in time for the start of the 2013 football season and the 2013-14 basketball season. The source said a likely agreement would result in the Catholic schools retaining the name, possibly with some financial remuneration to the football schools.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/b...u7TcsNwdDJ
12-16-2012 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
RE: NY Post: C7 want out for 2013-2014
The Catholics are walking. They should leave everything behind like everyone else had too and their voting rights end as of the announcement too. Credits, name, fees from everyone that left before them - everything. As it is they get to walk for free as a group. NADA, NADA, NADA.

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 03-nutkick 03-nutkick 05-mafia 05-mafia COGS COGS 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 04:55 PM by panite.)
12-16-2012 04:55 PM
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
Great, you want out real early and want the name, open up the check book.
12-16-2012 04:58 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
UCONN, UC and USF about to get paid
12-16-2012 05:07 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(12-16-2012 04:58 PM)monty Wrote:  Great, you want out real early and want the name, open up the check book.

"possibly with some financial remuneration to the football schools"

[Image: hellomcfly.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 05:12 PM by shere khan.)
12-16-2012 05:08 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF, UofH, AAC!
Love it. Get the deserters out NOW. lol I actually like the idea of selling them the name anyway... too tainted in FB any thanks to ESPN.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 05:11 PM by Bull.)
12-16-2012 05:10 PM
Advertisement

GoCougars Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
I really want to play them next year and give them a "proper" send off. I especially want to give Georgetown a loss.
12-16-2012 05:18 PM
sdsualum Offline
Water Engineer

(12-16-2012 04:55 PM)panite Wrote:  The Catholics are walking. They should leave everything behind like everyone else had too and their voting rights end as of the announcement too. Credits, name, fees from everyone that left before them - everything. As it is they get to walk for free as a group. NADA, NADA, NADA.

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 03-nutkick 03-nutkick 05-mafia 05-mafia COGS COGS 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 04-cheers

You forget, they basically voted football out. So it's the football members who have to leave the BE. That may also mean full members can stay in the BE, but must put their football to wherever or whatever the other football members decide to do. I think UConn and Cincinnati may do this since they have the most to lose if they leave the BE entirely. It won't inhibit their accepting an invite from a better conference. Same with USF. It'll also be very sticky how UH, SMU and UCF handle this, as well. Being new, they may not have the option.

I have a feeling Aresco doesn't have plans to create all sports East/West divisions anyway so if SDSU and Boise remain for football only, they would have to legally accept the three old members whether they like it or not. Should this be the case, I think Boise and SDSU will say adios for 2014.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 05:22 PM by sdsualum.)
monty Offline

(12-16-2012 05:08 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(12-16-2012 04:58 PM)monty Wrote:  Great, you want out real early and want the name, open up the check book.

"possibly with some financial remuneration to the football schools"

[Image: hellomcfly.jpg]

That's about as funny as a screendoor on a battleship

what don't they make like a tree, and get out of here
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF, UofH, AAC!
(12-16-2012 05:18 PM)sdsualum Wrote:  
(12-16-2012 04:55 PM)panite Wrote:  The Catholics are walking. They should leave everything behind like everyone else had too and their voting rights end as of the announcement too. Credits, name, fees from everyone that left before them - everything. As it is they get to walk for free as a group. NADA, NADA, NADA.

You forget, they basically voted football out. So it's the football members who have to leave the BE. That may also mean full members can stay in the BE, but must put their football to wherever or whatever the other football members decide to do. I think UConn and Cincinnati may do this since they have the most to lose if they leave the BE entirely. It won't inhibit their accepting an invite from a better conference. Same with USF. It'll also be very sticky how UH, SMU and UCF handle this, as well. Being new, they may not have the option.

I have a feeling Aresco doesn't have plans to create all sports East/West divisions anyway so if SDSU and Boise remain for football only, they would have to legally accept both whether they like it or not. Should this be the case, I think Boise and SDSU will say adios for 2014.

Interesting thought, but I doubt anyone would put their football in the SunBelt or MAC, just to keep their BB with these 7... No matter which conference you're in, when the invite comes they all will take it anyway.
12-16-2012 05:23 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Like I said, they will likely get the name (they deserve it anyway). Why do people here want to keep the Big East name so bad if the conference is likely going to be cross country?
12-16-2012 05:28 PM
Advertisement

Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

No one's gonna set their football back decades to play basketball...no one intelligent.
12-16-2012 05:30 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(12-16-2012 05:18 PM)sdsualum Wrote:  You forget, they basically voted football out. So it's the football members who have to leave the BE. That may also mean full members can stay in the BE, but must put their football to wherever or whatever the other football members decide to do. I think UConn and Cincinnati may do this since they have the most to lose if they leave the BE entirely. It won't inhibit their accepting an invite from a better conference. Same with USF. It'll also be very sticky how UH, SMU and UCF handle this, as well. Being new, they may not have the option.

I have a feeling Aresco doesn't have plans to create all sports East/West divisions anyway so if SDSU and Boise remain for football only, they would have to legally accept the three old members whether they like it or not. Should this be the case, I think Boise and SDSU will say adios for 2014.

Wait, what? I know there's been a lot of information trickling out and it's hard to keep track of what's truly happening, I really don't think this is the case at all.

Quote:The group announced Saturday that it will withdraw from the conference to form their own league.
http://news.providencejournal.com/sports...qU.twitter

Now there will most certainly be a negotiation between the Catholics and all-sports schools, but the Big East did not vote to drop football. They may invite UConn and Cincy to join them for non-football sports, but they are definitely leaving, not just dropping football.
12-16-2012 05:34 PM
sdsualum Offline
Water Engineer

(12-16-2012 05:34 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  
(12-16-2012 05:18 PM)sdsualum Wrote:  You forget, they basically voted football out. So it's the football members who have to leave the BE. That may also mean full members can stay in the BE, but must put their football to wherever or whatever the other football members decide to do. I think UConn and Cincinnati may do this since they have the most to lose if they leave the BE entirely. It won't inhibit their accepting an invite from a better conference. Same with USF. It'll also be very sticky how UH, SMU and UCF handle this, as well. Being new, they may not have the option.

Wait, what? I know there's been a lot of information trickling out and it's hard to keep track of what's truly happening, I really don't think this is the case at all.

Quote:The group announced Saturday that it will withdraw from the conference to form their own league.

Now there will most certainly be a negotiation between the Catholics and all-sports schools, but the Big East did not vote to drop football. They may invite UConn and Cincy to join them for non-football sports, but they are definitely leaving, not just dropping football.

I think what is being reported and what they did is more about semantics. If they withdraw then the basketball credits stay with the BE. It's very substantial for the basketball only schools. Do you really think they'd put themselves into a position where they would have to beg Aresco for those credits? If I'm correct they didn't have the votes to dissolve the BE, but they had the votes to pull this off.
12-16-2012 05:57 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(12-16-2012 05:57 PM)sdsualum Wrote:  

I think what is being reported and what they did is more about semantics. If they withdraw then the basketball credits stay with the BE. It's very substantial for the basketball only schools. Do you really think they'd put themselves into a position where they would have to beg Aresco for those credits? If I'm correct they didn't have the votes to dissolve the BE, but they had the votes to pull this off.

You've got it backwards, my dude. They left. Reading comprehension really isn't stressed enough these days. Nowhere in that article does it say that the C7 will get the Big East name. It basically says the priest at St. Johns wants it. F that.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 06:07 PM by BigEastHomer.)
12-16-2012 06:01 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

There was a process put in place several years ago by the Big East that put a procedure in place that would allow the basketball or football schools to leave the conference without having to pay exit fees. They voted to leave the conference...Other than that all the other issues will have to be negotiated. Make no mistake about it, they left the Big East.
12-16-2012 06:07 PM
Advertisement

BEast Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Big East
(12-16-2012 06:01 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  You've got it backwards, my dude. They left. Reading comprehension really isn't stressed enough these days. Nowhere in that article does it say that the C7 will get the Big East name. It basically says the priest at St. Johns wants it. F that.

Nowhere does it say we are leaving. Read the official statement. It only says we are going forward without football. Read the AD's from St. John's and Georgetown. Its the same thing. Some reporters really don't know what they are talking about. Theres a reason that the statements out there aren't giving anything up.
12-16-2012 06:16 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
if they want out by june 30th 2013 i guess that means nd,louisville and rutgers will also at that time?
12-16-2012 06:17 PM
pearland1 Offline
2nd String

The 7th decide to leave the Big East. They will not get the name. The Big East name is worth to much money and the 7th don't have the money to buy it.
12-16-2012 06:17 PM
monty Offline

They can't dissolve the league or fball. They are leaving.
12-16-2012 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.