Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who Will Be The Belts First New Member ?
Georgia State
Louisiana Tech
Appy State
Texas State
UTSA
Georgia Southern
[Show Results]

Who Will Be The Belt's First New Member ?
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Who Will Be The Belt's First New Member ?
(03-08-2012 04:17 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 04:05 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 09:53 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  I've been banging a drum for Tech and Appy for a long time. Tech's got a long tradition of quality football (similar to a USM). FIU's distance from that area and only having been a member with them for a couple of years may also allow for 'some' perspective here. Tech went to a WAC which was on the upswing with good football being played at Boise, Fresno, Hawai'i, etc. Unfortunately for them the WAC's been decimated by realignment and they burned a bunch of bridges on their way to the WAC [they had a choice to go to a strong WAC or stay and help build the Sun Belt's fledgling football program; what would your school do?].

I am no real fan of Tech nor do I begrudge them for moving to the WAC, they probably could have (and should have) been a bit more humble and appreciative of their time in the Sun Belt...but that goes to character and I'm not in the mood to judge; we've got bigger issues to deal with here.

If Tech does not move to the Alliance then both sides should swallow some pride for the benefit of the whole. I like the strength of Tech's football program and think they'll make this conference much stronger. Maybe this is why WW has moved on and perhaps taken some of this bad-blood baggage with him...let's hope so.

Don't worry FIU, North Texas, & LaTech will get invites to the Alliance

Says the Tech fan sweating profusely, sitting in a dark corner in the fetal position rocking back and forth.

He's been pushing this everywhere. Tech fans have been jumping all over any articles that happen to mention them as a possibility. That and a lot of CUSA fans dont seem interested in SBC programs outside of UNT.

I still think we have to act first. Its much better to force someone's hand then to have your hand forced by someone else.
03-08-2012 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Will Be The Belt's First New Member ? - chiefsfan - 03-08-2012 11:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.