Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did Villanova agree to Temple in BE in return for..
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
RE: Did Villanova agree to Temple in BE in return for..
(02-23-2012 10:49 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Sorry, you lost me with the immature nickname bit. Please try again later and with more respect next time. If you want to talk we can certainly talk but I don't do immature bullschit like that as it serves no constructive purpose. If you come back with more nonsense then I will not respond as it serves me no purpose.

BTW, for the record, the Big East's own records show that Pitt abstained from the Temple vote so to answer what I presume to have been a rhetorical, if uninformed, question, no, Pitt did not vote to oust Temple from the Big East. I'm sure that the Pitt brass was in favor of TU's ouster - I know I was - but there is no way that politically Pitt's leadership could have gotten away with voting against the interests of one of their in-state public university brothers. That would have never happened.

That said, Pitt didn't exactly go out of its way to champion Temple's cause either so that right there probably tells you all you need to know about where Pitt actually stood on the issue. However in fairness to Pitt, Temple didn't champion its own interests so why should Pitt or anyone else?

However privatized Villanova - which could not have possibly cared less about political considerations as they related to Temple - ACTIVELY campaigned and conspired against the Owls for years and that is a LOT different than letting a suicidal man carry out his wish.

You have to understand that at that time Temple was crazy and ambivalent towards its athletic program and it was wildly irresponsible with the money that it was getting from the Big East. They literally put NOTHING back into their football program despite repeated warnings from the Big East that if they didn't change that ppractice they would be banished from the league. I mean they didn't even know for sure that they were going to be allowed to play in the Linc until about a month before the stadium opened. That is sheer Looney Tunes!

So mine is not an attempt to place all of the blame for Temple's woes on Villanova. Plenty of people are to blame for Temple's conference issues and most of the fault lies at the feet of Temple itself. I just think that the only school that actively conspired against Temple throughout the process was Villanova and I think that was selfish on their part. I think they saw what Rutgers' admission into the Big East did to marginalize Seton Hall and they were worried that the same thing would happen to them if the Big East ever admitted Temple into its league. I just don't happen to agree with either their methods or their conclusion.

Grow a thicker skin then pal.
02-23-2012 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Villanova agree to Temple in BE in return for.. - NJRedMan - 02-23-2012 11:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.