I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
RE: John Maynard Romney: Spending cuts hurt growth
(02-23-2012 10:47 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 10:38 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 10:35 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 09:11 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 09:00 AM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  He didn't know what he was talking about. Probably was given that number by someone on his staff and he regurgitated it. It was theoretical and he was wrong.

Edit: Also, introducing Obama was an attempt to distract from the actual discussion of this thread: Was Romney wrong?

A.) regurgitating bad info makes him inept

B.) Yes. Romney was wrong. See Torch's comment.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Laugh all you want. But the evidence is right in front of you with Detroit, Greece, and California. All three are Liberal Utopia's and all three are bankrupt. Only a fool would think our outcome could be any different.

Only a fool would try to oversimplify a complex problem. There has to be a combination of short-term and long-term strategies. Most of all, there has to be enough political courage to make real change happen. I don't see that from Obama, nor do I see it from Romney/Santorum/Gingrich. I'll concede that Paul is the only one talking about real change, but he ignores the short term strategies that would be required for the long term strategies to be feasible.

2013 Paul takes office. Let's assume that he's allowed to do what he wants

2014 Paul's cuts hack 4% of GDP in one year. Economy collapses due to market panic and a spike in unemployment. US economy will theoretically be reborn stronger than ever with a long term viability that it never had before

2015 congress, under pressure from citizens, tries to undo everything RP has done, creates a standoff between the executive and legislative branches. Since Paul has vowed that a weak executive branch is the way to go, he's powerless to stop congress

2016 RP loses to any candidate that pledges to spend the most to get the short-term economy back. Any support of budget cuts is crushed for the next 20 years.

Maybe I'm being too creative here, but I'm not sure I'm too far off. It's a good long term strategy in theory, but it will never get the short term buy-in to take root.

You got all that from a magic eight ball? Mine just says..."Yes" or "No" or "Maybe".

you've lost your mind.
02-23-2012 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Maynard Romney: Spending cuts hurt growth - I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou - 02-23-2012 10:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.