quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: OT: Maryland cuts off athletic relations with Georgetown
(02-22-2012 09:29 AM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 09:01 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 03:13 PM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 03:11 PM)99Tiger Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 02:44 PM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  Texas A&M: Not played since 1995.
Baylor: Not played since 1995.

There's a few ways to look at it. A&M probably looks down on poor ol UH...and they don't need you to penetrate the Houston market. They're well represented on their own.

Baylor's interesting. They've been pretty crummy up until they took your coach, so you could make an argument they're avoiding you. Then again, some of those years weren't UH's proudest moments. I wonder if UH even has any interest in playing a team that's been accused of politicking you out of the last Big 12 spot?

We are open to all takers among those "big boys". Willing and ready to prove the naysayers wrong or go down fighting.

That's because you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by playing Texas. Texas, otoh, has nothing to gain but something to lose by playing you. So this posture of yours is not exactly heroic ...

Please......

If I have to spell out the point to you there is no point.

It is over your head.

(Edit could not resist I had to spell it out for you in the next post)

... and you badly misspelled it, or else your point is pointless.

My point stands clearly: Texas has little to no incentive to play you, since you are a far smaller-profile program. OTOH, you have LOTS to gain by playing them. Since most people and/or institutions do not like to enter into arrangements where the other guy gets all the possible benefits from the arrangement and there is little or nothing in it for them, it is completely rational that they choose not to play you.

And they have absolutely no moral or ethical obligation to give you a helping hand up the ladder by having an opportunity to capture some of their reflected glory by being on the same stage.

Finally, it is silly for you to call Texas "chicken sh*t" when their overall strength of football schedule is stronger, easily stronger, than yours is. Texas mans up and plays against some of the best teams in the country.

Coog case dismissed.
02-22-2012 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Maryland cuts off athletic relations with Georgetown - quo vadis - 02-22-2012 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.