Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Maryland cuts off athletic relations with Georgetown
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
RE: OT: Maryland cuts off athletic relations with Georgetown
(02-22-2012 09:44 AM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  It’s just chicken (insert you know what here).

You can say the same thing about quality schools that are not of Texas and A&M's level of "prestige......."

The problem is these "big" schools choose the easier path and at the same time use the argument "who have you played?"

You can't have it both ways.

I will use LaTech for us as a comparable example (UH to UT is similar to LaTech to UH). We played these guys and nearly lost. You know what LaTech is a good program but we would have heard the same BS from misinformed and uneducated college sports fans like yourself.

How do teams become "programs"?

You challenge yourself. You wonder why Texas is crap now? Well they only play a few quality games a year and are always underprepared for them due to the level of competition that they play OOC and in the patsy portion of the Big 12.

Schools like Texas continue to live off their sense of entitlement based on ego and not results. I will give SEC schools a pass due to the insane level of competition in conference. If the Big 12 approached that level of competition then (as much as it would pain me) I would give them pass as well. The thing is you only need to look at how the conference does not want to play a conference championship game so a potential Big 12 national champ contender would not get tripped up by say K-State or a Kansas...

Would we have been better off if we didn't have a championship game in CUSA this year? Of course but props to USM for taking advantage of a team far from focused thanks to our head coach. But you know what any given Saturday even if we were prepared they could have beaten us. They were a GOOD team. I don't feel like CUSA, USM, or having a championship game screwed us. I blame our former coach job shopping but that is a whole other rant I will avoid here.

Fear is fear no matter how you try and spin it.

I don't think it's fair to lump in Texas as a school that avoids tough schedules. They have a 9-game conference schedule and are playing Ole Miss home-and-home in 2012-13, BYU home-and-home in 2013-14, ND and Cal in 2015-16, and USC and Maryland in 2017-18. It's rare for any BCS conference school with an 8-game conference schedule to schedule 2 non-conference BCS opponents per year, much less when it has a 9-game conference schedule. Sorry - I don't see any issues at all with the Texas non-conference scheduling.
02-22-2012 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Maryland cuts off athletic relations with Georgetown - Frank the Tank - 02-22-2012 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.