Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State @ EMU/vs. Ball State - BIG WEEK
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
RE: Kent State @ EMU/vs. Ball State - BIG WEEK
I hear you Danny but I almost wonder with this group if they aren't better playing Thursday against a team - maybe from the West - who could be playing for third time in the week.

I'm not sure playing Friday night against Akron and sitting for a week would be in this team's best interest.
02-11-2012 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Well if we are the #2 seed, we won't be playing Akron until the finals Saturday, if at all.
02-11-2012 09:10 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I mean the season finale on March 2. Then we would be sitting for a week about to face a team who could be on a roll and some of our first halves this year haven't exactly been inspirable.

I don't know.
02-11-2012 09:20 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-11-2012 09:20 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  I mean the season finale on March 2. Then we would be sitting for a week about to face a team who could be on a roll and some of our first halves this year haven't exactly been inspirable.

I don't know.

Have they announced if the game is on Friday or Saturday? I have yet to see that. I have a flight that gets in Friday around lunch, so I will be there either way. Just wondering so I can make my plans accordingly.
02-11-2012 09:25 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I think the ESPN clause stipulates if one or both teams is playing for a championship (East or MAC) the game will be Friday. Since Akron is #1 and Kent is #3 at the time of selection, one would assume its a cinch to be played Friday night.
02-11-2012 09:36 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(02-11-2012 09:05 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  I'm not sure playing Friday night against Akron and sitting for a week would be in this team's best interest.

I think that has been our jinx more than once, including last year. This tournament is all about getting a head of steam. Playing an intense, emotional game, taking a long break, then having to play 3 intense, emotional games tends to be a lot of a roller coaster that starts us off soft in the tourney. Playing the first-round game gave Akron that much more of an edge last year.
02-11-2012 10:05 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-11-2012 05:01 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  what was with Brewer in street rags today? any word?

Apparently Brewer was slacking a little on his academics (maybe a missed class?). I have heard this was the message, he gets it, and will be back Tuesday night.
02-11-2012 10:28 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

02-11-2012 11:51 PM
fallsdog Online
All American

I Root For: Kent State
I understand both sides of the debate about seeding. I think the arguement rears its ugly head most when a top seed losses in the tournament and the excuses start. I think of it this way. The top 4 seeds are earned commodities. Obviously if you grab the 3 or 4 you are going to be playing against an opponent with tired legs and sore arms. Not a bad deal. Three weeks ago I would have taken that and forgot about it.

But if Kent State can stay hot and grab a top 2 think about what you have earned there. After a 30 game season you have a week to get yourself right for (knock on wood) the two biggest games of the year. In Kent State's case they wouldn't even have to get on a bus until Friday morning if they didn't want to.

You can talk about losing focus and getting rusty and that is a legitamite concern. But you've also got to trust that from the top the leaders won't allow that to happen. I'll wait to eloborate on this until the smoke clears but that is where having Eric Haut, Jordan Mincy and Mike McKee around may pay big dividends.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 09:47 AM by fallsdog.)
02-12-2012 09:46 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I think out guys can make this happen. If we can not lose a game here out (doable, but a bit IF), beat OU and Akron in our house, we can steamroll into the weekend and pluck off the next 3 games. That would also bring back a lot of our fans that weren't there yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avixSrIkvQs
02-12-2012 01:11 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Yes we are 18-6 and not 18-5. My mistake. The argument about it being better to be a 3-4 seed and knock of the rust against a lesser team vs. being a 1-2 and only having to play 2 games will still be going on in the year 2279. It's an age old question. Myself I feel you can't go any lower then 4 with this format and have a serious chance. Maybe if you are a very good team that had a lot of injuries early on, but that doesn't happen very often. Connecticut did it last year but I'm pretty sure that will be a fairly rare occurrence.
02-12-2012 01:27 PM
KentKrazy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
I was at the game yesterday, is there any video of the Manns and Evans dunks.
02-12-2012 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.