Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening?
Bookmark and Share
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening?
(11-04-2011 08:36 AM)slappywhite Wrote:  OK doctor, lets simplify things. i personally enjoy the intelligence you bring to the board, but all these words are just muddling things up.

Lets try this and end it because its really not that important. I just want simple YES or NO answers...not historical observations or reasoning to contrary.

1)were there warnings prior to football being dropped that it was a possibility?
2)did alumi, fans, faculty, students, heed these warnings and increase support through attendance, financial giving or by any othr means neccesary to show overwelming support to save our football program during these difficult times?
3)can any one person start a foundation to solicite funds to be contributed to a cause of their own desire?
4)do faculty of a university have the power to use "a vote of no confidence" to affect a change in leadership?

and most importantly...
5)in this era of "shared governance", will faculty support for the re-estblishment of football at etsu be absolutely necessary for a new president to move forward on it?

simple yes or no please...

+++ I'll (sort of) take the bait, but won't play the game the way you want it to be played. You well know that yes/no answers don't do justice to these complex (in some cases) questions. You say "let's simplify things"; to what end? The complexity of these issues defies simplification - to a large extent. Those things being said, here is my best, honest attempt to answer your 4 questions, as briefly as I can:

1) Yes. However, ALL of those warnings were over 2 years old, and even at that earlier time were not 'dire' enough to cause real concern to almost all stakeholders. The activity on this board, and the questions for the presidential candidates proves that. In the *real*, pertinent sense, the answer to your question would have to be "no".
2) No. But that's because of 1) above. *IF* these stakeholders had been apprised of the impending reality of such a move, then the answer would undoubtedly have been yes - with the possible/probable exception of a large segment of the faculty.
3) Don't know. I would want to say "yes", but am not sure of the legal ramifications of the word "foundation".
4) Yes; but limited. There is far from any guarantees there. And again, as I pointed out earlier, the faculty were probably the weakest stakeholder in this situation. A vote of no confidence is (in my experience and knowledge) normally reserved for academic issues (like academic fraud, or presidential support of a faculty member engaged in same), and/or moral personal issues.
5) Hard to say. I think we both know the faculty is split on this, with perhaps the "no" votes being more vocal, but I suspect less numerous - *if* football wouldn't hurt their area of the university. And I think all involved would say that that would be part of the deal, anyway.

You're welcome, but I decry your disingenuous attempt to have myself, or anyone, reply to those questions with a yes/no answer. That doesn't help to get to the bottom of what has happened, or needs to happen.
11-05-2011 08:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - abuc90 - 11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 11-03-2011, 07:32 AM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - buckys - 11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - buckys - 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 11-05-2011 08:33 AM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - buckys - 11-05-2011, 11:12 AM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - abuc90 - 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - Buc66 - 12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
RE: Will ETSU Grab SoCon Opening? - abuc90 - 12-07-2011, 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.