Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dear Big East....
Bookmark and Share
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Dear Big East....
(10-20-2011 10:42 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  03-banghead

Egos all around me, they drive me to 04-drinky.

I figured the game last night would force you to 04-drinky Tampa :)
10-21-2011 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
splitstud Offline
1st String

I Root For: Illuminati, BCS
(10-20-2011 10:15 PM)PittDMD Wrote:  Wow a Southern Miss fan talking trash... I've seen it all.

For about another 30 hours max
10-21-2011 06:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
UCF is :01-scout01-rivals
10-21-2011 06:38 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(10-20-2011 11:19 PM)treyd2288 Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 11:17 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 11:16 PM)treyd2288 Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 11:06 PM)PirateNation Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 10:48 PM)TOGC Wrote:  Let me get this straight. The Big East needs new teams. They're seriously looking at Houston (6-0), SMU (5-1) and UCF (3-4)?

Fixed it for you. No need to bring ECU into this, we will be in a stable non AQ conference.

FIFY

And last time I checked Houston ain't got one of them invites yet either.

Never said we did...closer to it than So. Miss though.

I wonder how it'll feel if Houston rejects it.
10-21-2011 07:36 AM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(10-20-2011 10:15 PM)PittDMD Wrote:  Wow a Southern Miss fan talking trash... I've seen it all.

All I have to say is:

1997 Liberty Bowl: Southern Miss 41 Pittsburgh 7

Hahahahaha. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 07:44 AM by Funslinger.)
10-21-2011 07:41 AM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(10-20-2011 11:19 PM)treyd2288 Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 11:17 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 11:16 PM)treyd2288 Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 11:06 PM)PirateNation Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 10:48 PM)TOGC Wrote:  Let me get this straight. The Big East needs new teams. They're seriously looking at Houston (6-0), SMU (5-1) and UCF (3-4)?

Fixed it for you. No need to bring ECU into this, we will be in a stable non AQ conference.

FIFY

And last time I checked Houston ain't got one of them invites yet either.

Never said we did...closer to it than So. Miss though.

Wrong sport, dude. This isn't horseshoes.
03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 08:02 AM by Funslinger.)
10-21-2011 07:50 AM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(10-21-2011 04:28 AM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 10:09 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  UCF sucks.

You have typically been one of the classiest posters on the board, so I really don't get it. Can you seriously blame UCF for being a candidate for the BE? I know USM is pissed being passed over despite your history, but is that a reason to hold a grudge against us? We're not making the call on who the BE should invite, and I think 99% of UCF fans want ECU and USM because we care about the quality of football. I really hate that we're getting the USF treatment despite our tenure in CUSA and our support for the conference being far different from theirs.

I would agree with this. Except for a few UCF posters who have already started bashing C-USA.
10-21-2011 07:58 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(10-20-2011 11:45 PM)GrandPointEagle Wrote:  

Really dude? No offense, but if anybody has room to talk about "on-field performance" between USM and Pitt....it's us.

A victory that occurred 14 years ago...If the USM fanbase wants to obsess over that awesome victory, that's up to you guys. It sorta reminds me of the...Gray Avenger...
10-21-2011 08:42 AM
eagle215 Offline
Bench Warmer

I was at that game.....never a better feeling!
[/quote]

Me too! Never heard such cocky fans. They left quiet enough though. Most at halftime :)
[/quote]

I was there too. What a good memory. That stadium was packed!!....mostly with USM fans. Who are you, silly pit fan?
10-21-2011 08:46 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Why don't Pitt throwdown the challenge to Southern Miss again then?

Anyone
Any place
Any time
10-21-2011 09:27 AM
miko33 Offline

(10-21-2011 09:27 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Why don't Pitt throwdown the challenge to Southern Miss again then?

Anyone
Any place
Any time

It was a bowl game 14 years ago...get over yourself. Besides, Pitt's OOC schedules are full as it is, plus with the eventual 9 game conf schedule in the ACC, it will get even more difficult to figure out who to schedule OOC. Don't forget, there is ZERO upside for Pitt to play USM. USM would be the only school to benefit from playing a game. We both know it.
10-21-2011 09:47 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(10-21-2011 09:47 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(10-21-2011 09:27 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Why don't Pitt throwdown the challenge to Southern Miss again then?

Anyone
Any place
Any time

It was a bowl game 14 years ago...get over yourself. Besides, Pitt's OOC schedules are full as it is, plus with the eventual 9 game conf schedule in the ACC, it will get even more difficult to figure out who to schedule OOC. Don't forget, there is ZERO upside for Pitt to play USM. USM would be the only school to benefit from playing a game. We both know it.

You are right....Getting beaten by a team that that you consider inferior always has a ZERO upside.03-lmfao
10-21-2011 10:16 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion

Anyone
Any place
Any time

I hadn't brought up the bowl game. Do you not read well? You're the one getting all upset about that game when it's brought up. It's in the past. Hey guess what, Pitt and USM have played 3 games, Pitt leads the series.

You're right, there's ZERO upside for you to play a team that's not in your conference or a BCS school. So that means you only play teams in the PAC 12, Big XII, Big 10, SEC, ACC, and Big East.

So what powerhouse conference are Buffalo and Maine in? Funny how Virginia found a spot for us to play them, but Pitt can't because there's a ZERO upside. Just say it. You want to play OOC games against weaker opponents that you hope you can win against. Bet you didn't count on Utah laying the smackdown did you? That game was probably scheduled before they went to the PAC 12 when they were a BCS buster. The 3 games Pitt has won this year are Buffalo, Maine, and USF. At least USF was in your conference. I'll give you that. But looking at the rest of your schedule, I doubt you'll win 1 or 2 more games.

I know what you're about to do. You're gonna bring up Southern Miss' schedule and say.. Well you only beat La Tech, SeLA, Virgina, Rice, and Navy. You dropped one to Marshall. It's true. You're correct, we lost to Marshall, but we beat a decent Virigina team who is 3rd in their division standings with 2 losses, second to Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech. Not a bad win for us.

I also forgot that football has come to much more than a game with a brown ball and 11 guys playing offense and 11 guys on defense. It's about that almighty dollar.

So don't ever say there's zero upside. You're on the bottom of a weak BCS conference and going to a stronger one where you'll be at the bottom of the pile again. You're not Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, or Wisconsin. You're Pittsburgh.

You'd think a school that gets as much respect in the state of Pennsylvania as we do in the state of Mississippi would realize that we're alot alike. But then again, I guess that does fall back into we don't have the right to talk smack and we have no class talk mentioned earlier. I mean Pitt is obviously better than Southern Miss because we are located in a small town in South Mississippi while Pitt is located in the great Steel City of Pittsburgh. But don't you understand that's what makes football so great? It doesn't matter where you're from or how much money your school stands to make from the game.. All that matters are the guys on the other side of that football and you trying to outscore them. On that field none of that matters.

But then again I'm classless and don't know what I'm talking about. Enjoy your 3-4 record until your next game. Who knows you might break even. I'm going to enjoy this 5-1 record while it lasts. Tomorrow night I might be celebrating or I might be heartbroken, the tale will be told on the field.

Have a great weekend.
10-21-2011 10:29 AM
miko33 Offline

(10-21-2011 10:29 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

Anyone
Any place
Any time

I hadn't brought up the bowl game. Do you not read well? You're the one getting all upset about that game when it's brought up. It's in the past. Hey guess what, Pitt and USM have played 3 games, Pitt leads the series.

You're right, there's ZERO upside for you to play a team that's not in your conference or a BCS school. So that means you only play teams in the PAC 12, Big XII, Big 10, SEC, ACC, and Big East.

So what powerhouse conference are Buffalo and Maine in? Funny how Virginia found a spot for us to play them, but Pitt can't because there's a ZERO upside. Just say it. You want to play OOC games against weaker opponents that you hope you can win against. Bet you didn't count on Utah laying the smackdown did you? That game was probably scheduled before they went to the PAC 12 when they were a BCS buster. The 3 games Pitt has won this year are Buffalo, Maine, and USF. At least USF was in your conference. I'll give you that. But looking at the rest of your schedule, I doubt you'll win 1 or 2 more games.

I know what you're about to do. You're gonna bring up Southern Miss' schedule and say.. Well you only beat La Tech, SeLA, Virgina, Rice, and Navy. You dropped one to Marshall. It's true. You're correct, we lost to Marshall, but we beat a decent Virigina team who is 3rd in their division standings with 2 losses, second to Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech. Not a bad win for us.

I also forgot that football has come to much more than a game with a brown ball and 11 guys playing offense and 11 guys on defense. It's about that almighty dollar.

So don't ever say there's zero upside. You're on the bottom of a weak BCS conference and going to a stronger one where you'll be at the bottom of the pile again. You're not Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, or Wisconsin. You're Pittsburgh.

You'd think a school that gets as much respect in the state of Pennsylvania as we do in the state of Mississippi would realize that we're alot alike. But then again, I guess that does fall back into we don't have the right to talk smack and we have no class talk mentioned earlier. I mean Pitt is obviously better than Southern Miss because we are located in a small town in South Mississippi while Pitt is located in the great Steel City of Pittsburgh. But don't you understand that's what makes football so great? It doesn't matter where you're from or how much money your school stands to make from the game.. All that matters are the guys on the other side of that football and you trying to outscore them. On that field none of that matters.

But then again I'm classless and don't know what I'm talking about. Enjoy your 3-4 record until your next game. Who knows you might break even. I'm going to enjoy this 5-1 record while it lasts. Tomorrow night I might be celebrating or I might be heartbroken, the tale will be told on the field.

Have a great weekend.

I don't know if you are projecting or you have me confused with someone else. I've never said that USM and USM fans/alums were classless individuals who shouldn't have any opinions. In fact, I haven't ripped your school at all. It's funny how you immediately ripped my schools with your sarcasm and prediction of being an immediate cellar dweller in the ACC. The irony is rich because after you predict Pitt's future standing, you proceed to lecture me on how football should be judged by the play on the field. Ha! Maybe you can find some courtesy and at least not automatically predict Pitt's football future because, in your own words, that should be judged by what happens on the field.

What I called you guys out for was crowing about a victory that occurred 14 years ago. You can't judge Pitt vs USM based on what happened 14 years ago - it's nonsensical. And on top of that, you do know that a good non-AQ school is not a good matchup for a BCS school. That's the truth and you know why. It's just as valid for a mighty SEC school against a BE school - little to no upside in the win, and a lot to lose if the SEC school loses. Again, you obviously know why. No reason to feign indignation over it.
10-21-2011 11:14 AM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
(10-21-2011 07:58 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  
(10-21-2011 04:28 AM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  
(10-20-2011 10:09 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  UCF sucks.

You have typically been one of the classiest posters on the board, so I really don't get it. Can you seriously blame UCF for being a candidate for the BE? I know USM is pissed being passed over despite your history, but is that a reason to hold a grudge against us? We're not making the call on who the BE should invite, and I think 99% of UCF fans want ECU and USM because we care about the quality of football. I really hate that we're getting the USF treatment despite our tenure in CUSA and our support for the conference being far different from theirs.

I would agree with this. Except for a few UCF posters who have already started bashing C-USA.

Yeah, that handful is stupid. I gave one of them a virtual bitchslap for daring to use CDOA the other day. That is moronic given what CUSA has done for UCF.
10-21-2011 11:28 AM
Butterfly Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-21-2011 10:16 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Anyone
Any place
Any time

You are right....Getting beaten by a team that that you consider inferior always has a ZERO upside.03-lmfao

You couldn't even down Marshall this year.
Jus because you won a Libert bowl 16 years ago, doesn't mean that anyone other than your backward peckerwood fan base actually cares. That team is long gone. What does your current one have going on?
10-21-2011 11:32 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(10-21-2011 11:14 AM)miko33 Wrote:  I don't know if you are projecting or you have me confused with someone else. I've never said that USM and USM fans/alums were classless individuals who shouldn't have any opinions. In fact, I haven't ripped your school at all. It's funny how you immediately ripped my schools with your sarcasm and prediction of being an immediate cellar dweller in the ACC. The irony is rich because after you predict Pitt's future standing, you proceed to lecture me on how football should be judged by the play on the field. Ha! Maybe you can find some courtesy and at least not automatically predict Pitt's football future because, in your own words, that should be judged by what happens on the field.

What I called you guys out for was crowing about a victory that occurred 14 years ago. You can't judge Pitt vs USM based on what happened 14 years ago - it's nonsensical. And on top of that, you do know that a good non-AQ school is not a good matchup for a BCS school. That's the truth and you know why. It's just as valid for a mighty SEC school against a BE school - little to no upside in the win, and a lot to lose if the SEC school loses. Again, you obviously know why. No reason to feign indignation over it.

I did misquote about you saying we're classless. I apologize for that. But I will not apologize for my sarcasm towards your comments about zero upside. You said it in a tone that I took as quite uppity and condenscending, that may have not been the way you meant for it to come off, but that's the way I took it. If you're gonna be condenscending about your program, well by gum I'm going to give you a scathing prediction that will set a fire in your soul if you're truly a fan. And I will grant courtesy to someone when courtesy is granted back and when I made the remark about Anyone, Anywhere, Any Time, I didn't receive courtesy, you blew my statement off like I was some school kid with a torn jersey, holding a football that was bigger than me, asking for Joe Montana's autograph.

My stance on how football should be played and judge is a far reach to compare it to my stance on Pitt's program. You stated that "Pitt's OOC schedules are full as it is, plus with the eventual 9 game conf schedule in the ACC, it will get even more difficult to figure out who to schedule OOC." I merely pointed out the season you were having, that's what we were doing, talking about the present. I stated you had 3 wins. Two of those came from OOC wins that apparently USM will never see because there's Zero Upside for Pitt.

I agree we can't sit here and split hairs over games played 14-20 years ago. I mean hell if we're gonna do that I'm gonna pull that win over Bama back in the 70s out of the playbook. I never spoke about the Liberty Bowl. I may have made one comment when someone asked what the deal was, and I said something along the lines "97 Liberty Bowl Southern Miss won 41-7." I'm not gonna crow about it because in 1997 I was still in high school and to be honest I can't tell you a thing about that year in my own football career. So you've misquoted me or you've lumped me in with the others.

But one thought does elude me. See you're a Pitt fan.. Pitt is in the Big East this year and will be making a move to the ACC in a year or two. Why are you trolling CUSA boards?
10-21-2011 01:54 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(10-21-2011 11:32 AM)Butterfly Wrote:  

Anyone
Any place
Any time

Jus because you won a Libert bowl 16 years ago, doesn't mean that anyone other than your backward peckerwood fan base actually cares. That team is long gone. What does your current one have going on?

At least we have a fan base, and not a 50,000-large university that can't fill their stadium.

Congratulations on beating Austin Peay, Miami (OH), Loserville, and perennial powerhouse Akron this year.

Nice OOC, bro.
10-21-2011 04:43 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(10-21-2011 11:32 AM)Butterfly Wrote:  

Anyone
Any place
Any time

Cool name too. I'm guessing you collect?
10-21-2011 04:43 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(10-21-2011 11:32 AM)Butterfly Wrote:  You couldn't even down Marshall this year.

Our "current one" has a 5-1 record "going on" and is sitting just outside the Top 25. We could kick Cincy's lousy @ss to this day.
10-21-2011 06:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.