Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And This Is Why Its a No to Tech...
Bookmark and Share
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: And This Is Why Its a No to Tech...
(04-17-2011 08:01 AM)eager eagle Wrote:  They would rather be in a conference with 7 teams (one newbie to FBS, one newbie to football) and fly to Moscow, San Jose, Logan, Denver, Las Cruces, and likely Seattle and maybe Orem or Bakersfield than drive to Monroe while praying that one of the Cali schools or Montana has a change of heart by 2014 and brings their football newcomer program in or keep hoping for that CUSA bid.

Risking killing the program is worth not aligning with ULM. That's the entire story. That's why I've been saying Tech is not and was not the target and why I think Texas State is the only one out there with any shot of joining the Sun Belt and I'm not willing to wager dollars that the votes are present.
[/quote

Why is ULM their problem? Someone piss in their corn flakes?
------------------------------------------------

ULM is not only their problem but their biggest most horrific nightmare. La Tech is 30mi out in the sticks, thinly populated area, no tv stations, only media outlet is small town fishwrap. Monroe is their nearest semi metro area and if ULM ever gets their feet on the ground, if they ever establish a solid winning program then all eyes in that area shift to the Warhawks and Tech is down the drain.
[/quote]Are you done Velton? If ULM is our nightmare because we are worried about what ULM will do with the local media, then we can sleep like babies. That program will never get off the ground. ULL is the only program we really keep our eye on as they are the only school in Louisiana, besides the great LSU, with any real potential. La Tech's focus is Shreveport anyway. And why don't you do some research Velton. Ruston is no more in the sticks than Starkville or Auburn. As a matter of fact it sits right smack dab on I20. Alot of college towns don't even do that. We have a research campus that is about to double the size of the main campus. We don't want to be associated with ULM because they do absolutely nothing to better themselves and only want to ride the coattails of those schools that do. If you really wanted to delve into the pulse of ULL, you would find that they don't really want to be associated with them either.
04-17-2011 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: And This Is Why Its a No to Tech... - theATLDawg - 04-17-2011 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.