Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please tell me why waiting is better than expanding now
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
RE: Please tell me why waiting is better than expanding now
(06-20-2010 02:32 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  No Neil,
I'm not saying Pitt can't win the national title going undefeated against that schedule. I'm saying their margin for error, being in The Big East, is smaller than say a SEC or Big 11 program. It's the same for any Big East program. I'm simply used Pitt as they are projected to have the best team in The Big East this year. Right or wrong I happen to believe conference games are not put under a microscope like OOC games are. I on the other hand hope they do get a shot at the national title and believe Wanny can do it. The conference could certianly use it after comig so close with WVU, UofL and UC the last few years.
CJ

The Big East is what is. But while acknowledging that in its own right, I don't think it's as in bad of shape as some might paint it either. Which is why I truly believe each of the current football programs in the league would have landed somewhere in a mega-conference alignment. And with some more time to show how good the conference is, that situation will be more likely than I thought just a week ago.

Also, as you know, neither WVU nor UC were undefeated at the point in time they both might have had a chance to play in the NC game. And had things broken right for them, they would have gotten in ahead of 1-loss Big 12 and SEC teams respectively and in the former case ranked ahead of the 1-loss Big Ten team they would have faced.

So, in that regard at least, the Big East is better off than the non-auto-bid conferences' teams, since even going undefeated won't get them to the NC game - despite what silly polls and uneducated sports writers show or say.

Cheers,
Neil
06-20-2010 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me why waiting is better than expanding now - omniorange - 06-20-2010 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.