Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does anyone genuinely believe...
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Does anyone genuinely believe...
(04-08-2009 01:15 PM)JustAnotherAustinOwl Wrote:  
(04-08-2009 12:08 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Why would you have to take time off from work? Have you no time on your own?

Ha, I didn't really mean that literally, but I do have a 2 and a 4 year old, my wife works a couple nights a week and Saturdays where I'm the sole care provider, so time to myself is in pretty limited supply these days. :)

Given that, I really do have to pick and choose where I spend it. I don't disagree about hearing different views - my original post probably was not as clear as it could have been - I'm just saying that for me personally, participating in lengthy discussions of politics on *this* particular website is not how I choose to allot limited free time.

Nothing personal against any of my fellow Owls. :)

That's a nice time to be a dad. Enjoy them. I remember when mine were that age - 1971. Back then (well, the mid-60s) I was far left. Change a different choice or opportunity here or there, I could have been one of William Ayers' followers. Glad I wasn't, now. There but for the grace of God go I. The road not taken.

Maybe in 35 years you will find yourself on the right. If so, I hope it is because you moved right, not because the nation moved left while you were stationary.
04-08-2009 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone genuinely believe... - OptimisticOwl - 04-08-2009 04:12 PM
RE: Does anyone genuinely believe... - JSA - 10-01-2010, 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.