Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does anyone genuinely believe...
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Does anyone genuinely believe...
I don't. I never did. I think his policies are like trying to put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it.

But I expected this, and that is why I opposed him from the git-go, and voted against him. Interesting that nobody wants to defend him, when just a few months ago there were lots of people ready to jump to his defense on this board. Have we driven them away (hope not) or have they started having second thoughts (hope so, but too late)?

RE: 69's outcome #1 (anarchy) I have already been contacted by a big city dweller who asked if she could bring her extended family and live on my farm when it gets really bad in her city. She didn't say if, she said when. Apparently she is is one of a large group who are stocking up on freeze-dried food, buying guns/ammo, getting medical supplies, etc, as though her city would be turning into a war zone. I don't agree with this scenario, but if enough people do, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It worries me that 69 even brought it up.

The break up idea is intriguing. I have no problem with the Northern and Western States going their own way. I'm tired of them cramming their values down everyone's throats. I know we had a war already over this, but that doesn't mean the principle of secession is wrong, just that it could not be enforced by military means in 1860-65. I have always wondered why a state or states could not freely leave a union it freely entered. Marriages and partnerships break up all the time.

Obama has pleasantly surprised me in some ways, usually by breaking his campaign promises. Unfortunately, his economic measures are not among those that have been pleasant surprises.
03-10-2009 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone genuinely believe... - OptimisticOwl - 03-10-2009 01:44 PM
RE: Does anyone genuinely believe... - JSA - 10-01-2010, 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.