Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What happens next if Colorado announces for the Big 12 this week?
Skyhawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Big10
RE: What happens next if Colorado announces for the Big 12 this week?
(06-01-2023 09:38 AM)RUScarlets Wrote:  
(05-31-2023 08:15 PM)Skyhawk Wrote:  That's 32.

(and still leaves 8 or so ACC schools for the P2 to fight over : )

The Big32
AZ, AZ state, Boise State, BYU, Fresno State, SDSU, UNLV, Utah
Oregon, Oregon state, Washington, Washington state
Colorado, Iowa state, Kansas, Kansas state
Baylor, Houston, OK state, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech
Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Tulane, UConn, WV
UCF, USF

That looks like a fun conference : )

Kool-Aid realignment here.

If it's CU and Memphis. In 2030, if the PAC falls apart, the rest of the 4C join, that's 17. SDSU would make it 18. Then, you add UL, Pitt. for 20.

If they want 24, it will be remaining ACC teams or Big East/hybrid teams.

lol, you only quote the "let's invite everybody" bit of fun at the tail end of my post, and leave out the majority of it, where I do a lot of that analysis...

Anyway, here's the whole post:

(05-31-2023 08:15 PM)Skyhawk Wrote:  If that happened, then, from the reports of Yormark's priorities, I would guess that the +1 would be UNLV or Memphis.

But I still question whether Utah moves, even if the rest of the 3Cs move.

If Colorado joins the Big12, and if the AZ schools follow, with SDSU, that's 16 schools.

The next 2 or 4 are questionable. As I mentioned, there's reporting that the next 2 would likely be UNLV and Memphis.

Setting aside the UConn and Gonzaga question (which is a whole other discussion), then it just gets into us guessing what we think would be best.

Reporting from some time ago had the B12 having Boise State, USF, Memphis, and SMU as their short list. I don't know if any of those schools (besides Memphis) is still in the running. And there have been reports that there has been talk with Fresno State, as well. And then apparently Colorado State is a possible option as well.

But I think pairing USF with UCF for travel reasons (similar to pairing USC/UCLA), seems like a decent idea.

And, though I don't recall seeing it listed on any reporting out of the Big12, several commenters have brought up Tulane, and I think that that would be a decent idea. there would be several AAU schools incoming in this scenario, and I think they might be happier with one more. Plus it gives Memphis somewhat of a rival, and also another travel "stepping stone" towards the Florida schools.

Anyway, I think that pretty much lists all the schools that are apparently "in the running".

If I was handed the magic wand and got to pick my choices for the Big12 (and only if we're presuming the Big10 (or other conferences) do not try to add anyone), then for whatever it's worth, I think I'd select these:

Colorado, Memphis, Tulane, and USF

And then the Big12 would look something like this:

Big16
BYU, Colorado, Iowa state, Kansas, Kansas state
Baylor, Houston, OK state, TCU, Texas Tech
Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulane, WV
UCF, USF

Now, the powers-that-be in the Big12 seem interested in UNLV and SDSU. I would pair them with Fresno State for more California coverage. And to go to 20, I'd add SMU.

SMU is - among other reasons - simply because I think the Texas teams would want to shore up their in-conference voting bloc.

And if, in the future, we want to go 4 more, this is where we can add AZ, AZ State, Utah, and Boise State.

And 4 more - the 4 WA and OR schools.

And 4 more - Pittsburgh, Louisville, Syracuse, and UConn.

That's 32.

(and still leaves 8 or so ACC schools for the P2 to fight over : )

The Big32
AZ, AZ state, Boise State, BYU, Fresno State, SDSU, UNLV, Utah
Oregon, Oregon state, Washington, Washington state
Colorado, Iowa state, Kansas, Kansas state
Baylor, Houston, OK state, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech
Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Tulane, UConn, WV
UCF, USF

That looks like a fun conference : )
06-01-2023 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happens next if Colorado announces for the Big 12 this week? - Skyhawk - 06-01-2023 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.