Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women’s basketball
1BLZR1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Women’s basketball
(04-29-2023 12:37 PM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  
(04-29-2023 11:00 AM)1BLZR1 Wrote:  
(04-27-2023 09:53 AM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  Have had Gold cards over the last few years. This season was the first that we made it a priority to be at all women’s home games. It’s pretty unbearable to watch. When you see a guard drive in so far under a basket that she hits the bottom of the backboard on her shots a dozen times per game, it gets frustrating.

I had thought we were built to shoot the 3, but we tried to force it inside where we have no size or touch. As said above, perhaps we are adjusting for what comes in the AAC. Just like with Gaines, it makes you wonder if they make DeShields watch her own film. When she’s good, it’s fun to watch. When it’s bad, you make multiple trips to the restroom just as you would if you were watching women’s wresting.

No player I’ve ever seen hits the bottom of the background dozens of times per game. I don’t think UAB averages that kind of bad shot even once per game. UAB’s level of play is much higher than that exaggeration implies. More people should come to the women’s games and see for themselves.

I’m sorry you don’t like watching women’s basketball. Myself, I can’t get enough of it, be it UAB, college as a whole or the WNBA. I much prefer to watch the women because it’s a more pure game — far less one-on-one play and forcing shots while far more emphasis on fundamentals and teamwork.

As for Denim DeShields, she was third in Conference USA in assists and seventh in assist/turnover ratio while leading UAB in scoring as a true freshman (her game high was 36). Comparing her to Eric Gaines is selling her short. She had a much better season than Gaines while being her team’s full-time starting point guard.

Anyway, my view is that UAB women’s basketball is a far cry from being “unbearable to watch.” I’m excited about the future. 04-rock

Caption: Say you didn’t watch one game without saying you didn’t watch one game.

A 5’6 guard should not be driving on 6’2-6’4 post players. That’s what randy had her do.

I’m sitting there talking to the AD, asking “I thought we were built for run and gun”. He replied “I did, too.”

We discussed injuries but couldnt understand why we were running Sara, marge, Desiree, and denim out there and NOT just airing it out.

Also, you can pull up any home game and find Denim driving too far under the basket and just throwing up a wild shot that has no chance. I don’t fault her, because she’s trying to make something happen.

That’s on randy.

We’re going into year 11 and Randy really has nothing to show for it and gets a big pass.

He finally got away from recruiting only white girls from Illinois and Iowa.

Some are upset at the current state of baseball in year 2 after our first winning season in forever. Now, we’ve decided that an 11th yr coach is above criticism when he had bad teams with a lot less injuries.

An opening response like that gives off major troll vibes. 03-lmfao
If you’ve attended any home games in the past five years, I guarantee you’ve seen me. I’ve missed only two games in that span (because of COVID), and I’ve streamed every single road game. If UAB is playing, I’m watching.

As for Denim driving, do you not remember Miyah Barnes? Denim is far ahead of where Miyah was as a freshman. Miyah drove a lot, and Denim scores a lot that way, too. Her 3-point shot isn’t where it’s going to be yet, but it’s coming along.

Criticize Randy all you like but UAB had three straight 20-win seasons with a regular-season championship in that mix. He also was Conference USA Coach of the Year. Is that nothing? A tourney crown would have been great, but you’re underplaying what’s happened in the past 10 years.

I’m glad you don’t try to make a living as a basketball analyst. You probably better stick to some other sport you enjoy more.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023 01:22 PM by 1BLZR1.)
04-29-2023 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Women’s basketball - blazr - 04-27-2023, 03:38 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - WesternBlazer - 04-27-2023, 08:22 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - BlazerFromMD - 04-27-2023, 08:22 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - LairDweller - 04-27-2023, 08:37 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - BlazerMatt - 04-27-2023, 08:48 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - blazerblazer - 04-27-2023, 09:46 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - blazerblazer - 04-27-2023, 12:32 PM
RE: Women’s basketball - UABFAN23 - 04-27-2023, 09:53 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - 1BLZR1 - 04-29-2023, 11:00 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - UABFAN23 - 04-29-2023, 12:37 PM
RE: Women’s basketball - 1BLZR1 - 04-29-2023 01:21 PM
RE: Women’s basketball - Marathon Blazer - 04-27-2023, 10:02 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - blazers9911 - 04-28-2023, 09:44 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - UABFAN23 - 04-27-2023, 10:08 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - DuelingDragon - 04-28-2023, 10:24 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - Jball - 04-28-2023, 12:21 PM
RE: Women’s basketball - THE_LEGEND - 04-28-2023, 11:12 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - 1BLZR1 - 04-29-2023, 10:24 AM
RE: Women’s basketball - DuelingDragon - 04-29-2023, 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.