Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

$150 million dollar question.
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: $150 million dollar question.
(01-24-2023 03:22 PM)chess Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 03:13 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  Miami is like a homeless man's Nebraska. They've both had great success on the field, but Miami's was longer ago and they've been ho hum since joining a real Conference. Nebraska has top 10 level fan engagement, Miami brags about it when they can crack the top 25% (aka top 35) in game attendance. I'll be honest, I don't get the enthusiasm some in P2 circles have with Miami, they can't buy their way back to the top anymore and they aren't big enough to build it up from the ground floor. They don't need a better Coach, or more athletic revenues, they need a miracle.

Spot on about Texas though. As much as it galls me to say it, they'd be the #1 pick.

Miami is going to love the NIL. It may be a great decade for the U.

Miami loved the NIL the same way that Saban loved the NIL before it was actually ok to do it. It's a whole lot more fun bidding on players when ND, or UCLA, or Wisconsin, or Nebraska AREN'T bidding on them. But now Miami has to openly bid against UF, FSU, Alabama, Texas, Auburn, Texas A & M, Georgia...anybody with aspirations to compete in the South. Not to mention new SEC schools like OUT who really want to make a splash as they prepare to enter the league. Good luck competing with the furniture salesmen in bama, much less the oil money in Texas.
01-25-2023 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
$150 million dollar question. - jimrtex - 01-23-2023, 05:37 PM
RE: $150 million dollar question. - chess - 01-24-2023, 03:22 PM
RE: $150 million dollar question. - bryanw1995 - 01-25-2023 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.