Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Campbell Camels...what is going on?
AGGIE2039 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NC A&T Aggies
RE: Campbell Camels...what is going on?
(01-24-2023 09:08 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 02:49 PM)chess Wrote:  Campbell is a small Baptist school that is surrounded by other small programs. The school has campuses at Camp Lejeune, Fort Bragg, and Raleigh (Law School) campuses.

Fayetteville State University, Methodist University, UNC-Pembroke,... The other way is NC State, UNC, Duke, NC-Central... All have football programs.

Someone felt the school would benefit by adding football.

A small baptist school from the south playing football against northeast publics like Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Albany, Stony Brook, Townson, Delaware, etc makes little sense. Highly doubt those school I mentioned were happy with their add. I dont see how they benefit the football CAA at all. The northern CAA football members have to be looking to break away. I dont know where Monmouth falls since its a private but Im sure West Long Branch, NJ has little in common with where Campbell is located. Richmond and Elon are probably the only schools happy with their add.

Elon started off as a small Christian school in rural NC too, look at them now. Campbells demographics will change as did Elon's as they compete up and down the east coast.

Elon College was founded by the Christian Connection, which later became a part of the United Church of Christ. The charter for Elon College was issued by the North Carolina legislature in 1889.
01-25-2023 08:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campbell Camels...what is going on? - AGGIE2039 - 01-25-2023 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.